Week 4 - At Detroit - injuries... finally an excuse

Mid Iowa

Good news and bad news fellas.

Bad News, Ram is out, and we look like complete trash without him.  Injuries in general, guys dropped like flies this game.  Defense looks to have not improved at all.

Good news, we win the road game, Brees looked better than he has all season.  Enough bright spots to give us hope we can maybe make one more good run this year.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Jlowe22 said:

Good news and bad news fellas.

Bad News, Ram is out, and we look like complete trash without him.  Injuries in general, guys dropped like flies this game.  Defense looks to have not improved at all.

Good news, we win the road game, Brees looked better than he has all season.  Enough bright spots to give us hope we can maybe make one more good run this year.

Luckily isn't wasn't a lingering injury. They said it was a concussion, so there is an possibility he is available for next week.

Edited by JMG5

So some good and bad news for us:

- The offense is looking like the offense of old. Controlling the clock, timely 1st downs and a nice balance between run and pass.

- Brees had his best outing since Tampa. His chemistry with Sanders is improving every game.

- O-line, when healthy, did well. Still a few miscues but improving. Hopefully Ram is ok, however if need be I'd rest him until after the BYE.

- Kamara. Holy ******* ****. This is the RB before the injury last year. 2nd, 3rd and 4th efforts, weird balance and vision out of this world. Worth every bloody penny so far.

- Tre'Quan Smith. Game ball. For a guy who has struggled with injuries, I loved that he doesn't hesitate to go into the middle. Caught everything thrown his way, route running was good and helped with his blocking. Breakout coming.

- The D man, I'm not sure. Pass rush is hot and cold. Coverage is the same. This PI stuff, you can see has gotten into their heads. Anzalone had a ticky tack PI on him, and maybe two of them. This is gonna screw us down the line.

We need to win against the Chargers and go into the BYE with a winning record. We did MUUUCH better with penalties, and I'm sure Payton will get these guys into shape, but it has to be fixed during the BYE. Anything after and we're falling behind.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Mid Iowa said:

I saw him go down, but I didn't see the play. Did he get whacked in the side of the head or something?

Not sure, but the announcers said he was out with a concussion. Hopefully it was mild.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, JMG5 said:

Glad we were able to get the win, but my god is Ram valuable for us.

That play where Brees got sacked and Ram's replacement just looked straight up lost....He looked like a turnstile letting that LB go by 😂

• Like 1