QB Nick Fitzerald, Mississippi State

IDOG_det

On 7/21/2017 at 6:16 PM, TitanLegend said:

Watched 4 full Miss. State games last year and bits and pieces of the Egg Bowl. Was never impressed with him as a passer. And even if all I had were stats, those stats paint a pretty clear picture. Those numbers, at the college level, are completely and entirely unacceptable. There's no "but his WRs dropped passes!!11". Those numbers are putrid. His running ability makes him passable as a college QB, but nothing about his passing ability makes me want him as an NFL QB. Could that improve? Sure. But it's got a loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong way to go.

I agree, he has a long ways to go, no way he declares early this year.   Especially in this potential year for QBs, in the draft class based on players who that come out early, he might not be drafted.  

• 2 weeks later...

I like the guys backstory:

http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/20760255/mississippi-state-bulldogs-nick-fitzgerald-follows-line-dak-prescott-dan-mullen-coached-quarterbacks

Wildcat QB in peewee, 1 year starter in HS in the triple-option. Worked really hard on mechanics, film study, basically just being a somewhat normal QB to lead the team. Has the natural talent and knows there is more work ahead. 

Archived