Chiefs @ Texans

amazingandre

This week is gonna be a huge week for our team. We all are feeling great right now coming off that dominating win vs the Titans. 

BUT

KC is a different animal with an explosive offense. We might struggle containing Kelce, Hunt and Hill. Our secondary has been suspect to this point and now we face an extremely explosive offense, hopefully they are up up the task. 

Our offense needs to continue to build off last week. Watson looks great and I love the aggressiveness they showed last week, hopefully that continues. This week our special teams could very easily cost us the game, so they better be on point. 

I am excited for this challenge and for once I feel confident that the moment will not be too big for this team. 

This is the prototypical Texans getting hyped going into prime time game and lay an egg. 

Sure we've never had a good QB but he's a rookie going against a solid D and BOB is still our head coach. 

At least we have the Browns next week and then the bye. 3-3 at the bye will be good enough to keep us playing for the division. 

Well, we beat the Chiefs last season with Brock in there, and apparently their OL is pretty banged up at the moment. Wouldn't be surprised to see us win or lose this one, but I just feel like something's clicked recently. Like throughout the organization, like the preparation seems like the best its ever been. I feel like this is a special group altogether and I'm expecting big things starting Sunday Night.

8 hours ago, PAtexansFAN23 said:

Well, we beat the Chiefs last season with Brock in there, and apparently their OL is pretty banged up at the moment. Wouldn't be surprised to see us win or lose this one, but I just feel like something's clicked recently. Like throughout the organization, like the preparation seems like the best its ever been. I feel like this is a special group altogether and I'm expecting big things starting Sunday Night.

dont fall into the trap....this reeks of week 3 against the Patriots on Thursday Night football. No brady, no Jimmy G, rookie QB......27-0 loss

BOB's inability to get a team prepared for big games is on a level that might not have ever been seen before.

I am happy the Chiefs won to get to 4-0 though, They are a great team, but they arent going 16-0, so we might as well be the ones that beat them.

23 hours ago, Pastor Dillon said:

BOB's inability to get a team prepared for big games is on a level that might not have ever been seen before.

Oh, we've seen this plenty. Gary Kubiak was just as bad in these big game situations (Packers in prime time, the infamous Letterman jacket game...)

Hopkins seems to have pretty strong games vs Marcus Peters, but has got to be the Will Fuller show. Connect on one deep ball and the Chiefs defense has to deal with that threat non-stop, giving Hopkins, Ellington and Griffin room to work underneath, as well as give Lamar Miller holes to run through.

I expect a loss, Chiefs are clicking. But I'd like it to be a close loss (the New England loss sucked, but something like that would tide me over).

1 minute ago, EliteTexan80 said:

Oh, we've seen this plenty. Gary Kubiak was just as bad in these big game situations (Packers in prime time, the infamous Letterman jacket game...)

Hopkins seems to have pretty strong games vs Marcus Peters, but has got to be the Will Fuller show. Connect on one deep ball and the Chiefs defense has to deal with that threat non-stop, giving Hopkins, Ellington and Griffin room to work underneath, as well as give Lamar Miller holes to run through.

I expect a loss, Chiefs are clicking. But I'd like it to be a close loss (the New England loss sucked, but something like that would tide me over).

Losing to great Packers and Patriots teams is different than losing 27-0 to the Patriots 3rd string QB. Also, as if we need to go back into this Kubiak vs BOB thing, there was the 30-0 wild card exit 2 years ago. Then there was the outright sabotage BOB did against the Patriots this season. We could also talk about the Matt Hasselback to Andre Johnson connection that doomed us in prime time a few years ago, or the Denver game on MNF last year. 

at least this is a Sunday Prime time game

Just a fun fact for everyone, BOB has never beaten a non Bengals team on any day of the week other than Sunday in the regular season. Hes 0-6. Thank goodness we own the Bengals. 

2 minutes ago, Texansfan713 said:

Neither are. Remains to be seen on O'Brien.  I do like our chances of winning this game now than I did 3 weeks ago I will say.

Same here - the offense looked more than functional, it looked downright dynamic. If we can get more of that, I think we'll be in for a fun ride with a few signature wins to boot.

This being said, I don't think we can expect that offense week in and week out - the Chiefs now have a full game to study, and have a defense that can eliminate such a gameplan. 

Texans have a punchers' chance in this one, but the Chiefs are clicking. Not going to be easy.

1 hour ago, EliteTexan80 said:

@Pastor Dillon - not getting into this argument again, so if you want to think Kubiak was some big game maestro, go ahead.

You get personally offended when someone points out that BOB sucks as a coach, you bring up Kubiak in every argument. I NEVER bring up Kubiak, but considering Kubiak has a Super Bowl ring as a HC, i think its safe to assume hes won more big games than BOB

I will give BOB one chance to prove he knows what hes doing this week. Its looks like Mancz, Allen and Filo are all going to be able to go for sunday. If he starts Filo, will you stop defending him?

I'm cautiously optimistic about this game. Eventually this team will win a big game on national TV, right? It has to happen eventually. I just don't want them to lay another egg in primetime. Give me a good game (which I think it will be) and I'll be happy.

Archived