Chiefs @ Texans

amazingandre

23 minutes ago, Texansfan713 said:

Am I the only one a little bothered by Watt being sackless so far this season?

I think he looked good in the Bengals and Patriots game, but really didn't impact the Titans game (hard to do that when Spain and Lewan were basically horsecollaring him).

I'd like to see him take out a measure of revenge on Fisher this Sunday.

Predictions of who will be the punt returner now Ervin is done for the year? Depth chart (October 5th) lists 1) Chris Thompson 2) Will Fuller 3) Bruce Ellington. I think fuller is too important to be out there as a punt returner consistently. Any chance we see Braxton back there? Would love to get him more involved.

8 hours ago, OzzyTexan said:

Predictions of who will be the punt returner now Ervin is done for the year? Depth chart (October 5th) lists 1) Chris Thompson 2) Will Fuller 3) Bruce Ellington. I think fuller is too important to be out there as a punt returner consistently. Any chance we see Braxton back there? Would love to get him more involved.

I think Chris Thompson earned the shot - everyone would like to see Braxton, but I think he's starting to venture into bust territory. 

1 hour ago, EliteTexan80 said:

I think Chris Thompson earned the shot - everyone would like to see Braxton, but I think he's starting to venture into bust territory. 

I hope the order is Thompson; Todman; Ellington; Miller; Burley; then Fuller

6 hours ago, Pastor Dillon said:

He probably won't ever be the same player he was before back surgery 

My "hot take" is no.  Strikes me as more of an early season anomaly than anything. I'd be more concerned if he wasn't getting pressures or disrupting but he seems to just be missing by half a step or getting hands on QBs and not being able to finish.  The dude has had 3 major surgeries (2 back, 1 abductors/abs) within a year and is has been playing with a mangled finger for 3 games. Watt's sacks usually came off spin moves and there is no way you can herniate multiple disks and rip 3 ab muscles and have it not effect the way you operate both mentally and physically for a while not to mention not being able to "grasp" QBs with those giant mitts.  Aside from the Jacksonville disaster where the front 7's heads were still in a West Virginia resort along with everyone else's, the run defense has been absolutely stifling and Watt seems to be playing inside more than ever. Watt is far from a one-trick pony and even if he has to adjust his twisty moves a bit to be able to more effectively finish, I have full confidence that he will adapt and do whatever physically is necessary to return to peak performance.   It was refreshing to have a Covington sighting as hopefully we can actually bring Watt off the field more than 2 snaps per game as we learned last year that the guy is actually human and probably needs to be brought off more so he isn't physically wrecked every game.

If anything, I'm more concerned about some of Clowney's lapses in run defense as he absolutely botched contain on Mariota's big TD run and for all the spectacular plays, not holding his edge is a bit of recurring issue and Kareem Hunt is going to hit that edge far harder than any we've seen.  Mercilus has been pretty invisible so far as well.  Frankly, I'll take a boring, low glamour stat game from all 3 of them this week as long as it means Hunt and Hill aren't gashing us on flash plays either.

Match up:
ofaxd0.jpg

Time and Venue:
Sunday, Oct 8, 2017 • 7:30 PM CT • NRG Stadium (71,795) • Houston, Texas
stadium_0_dec3026d-56b4-4a5c-b4e3-995ee4

Radio: SportsRadio610 (610 AM, 100.3 FM)
Marc Vandermeer Play-By-Play, Andre Ware Color Analyst, John Harris Sideline

Television: NBC
Al Michaels, Chris Collinsworth

Preview: YouTube

Flip Card: PDF

Officiating Crew: Ronald Torbert The NFL assigned a controversial referee to Chiefs-Texans (Again)

Uniform Combination: Deep Steel Blue Jerseys/Liberty White Pants

Weather: 84° F nclear-night.png Clear
Full Weather: Link 

Roof: Closed

Parking:
Platinum Lot Opens: 2:30 PM
All Other Parking Lots Open: 3:30 PM
Parking_Map_HEB.jpg

Flag Holders:  Houston Texans Season Ticket Members
Homefield Advantage Captain: Texans Ambassador Kevin Walter
National Anthem: Country Music Star Sara Evans
Color Guard: United States Navy All-Female Team
Coin Toss Captains: Breast cancer survivor Mrs. Janice McNair accompanied by members of the Houston Texans family
Halftime: Chart-topping international pop duo Icona Pop

I hate the wait.

Go Texans!

1 hour ago, OzzyTexan said:

Texans Inactives:

Braxton Miller

Kyle Fuller

Kevin Johnson

Treston Decoud

Ben Heeney

Carlos Watkins

Jah Reid

If Filo is the starting LG, I never want to hear another person defend BOB again. Mancz and Allen are both active, FILO should be on the bench 

Archived