Week 5 Prospect Talk

rackcs

The biggest game today for me is going to be that ND State game since it'll be the only game for them for the season. Obviously I want to see how Lance does but I'm actually more interested in Dillon Radunz. I'm not as high on him as others based on his tape from last year and I want to see someone improvement in his footwork and technique here.

Other prospects I'm looking forward to seeing:
Ar'Darius Washington and Trevon Moehrig vs Sam Ehlinger/Texas offense
Kellen Mond vs the Alabama defense
Seth Williams and Anthony Schwartz vs Tyson Campbell and Eric Stokes

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TitanSlim said:

Draft guys who know far more than me, could Kyle Pitts end up being a top 10 pick?

If he keeps up this pace I think he could. TEs don't often go top 10 but it's certainly not unheard of. I looked back at the last 10 drafts for curiosity's sake and it's happened twice in that span - TJ Hockenson and Eric Ebron. Funnily enough both taken by the Lions. This class has some solid talent at the top so he might end up more as a fringe top 10 guy but I certainly wouldn't be surprised to see him taken there based on how he's played so far.

Edited by rackcs

42 minutes ago, Counselor said:

Is Trask this years Burrow?

Awkward Red-Faced GIF by moodman

Trask is a good player but doesn't have the physical tools that Burrow had. He may play himself into the back of round 1 but no way he'll go first overall. I don't think we'll see another Burrow for a long time, a mid-late round guy who plays himself into first overall.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, rackcs said:

Trask is a good player but doesn't have the physical tools that Burrow had. He may play himself into the back of round 1 but no way he'll go first overall. I don't think we'll see another Burrow for a long time, a mid-late round guy who plays himself into first overall.

Yeah I didn’t mean so much draft position but overall success 

KJ Costello showing that he's still the same guy he was at Stanford. At his best he looks like a potential 1st round pick and at his worst he looks like the next Connor Cook. He already has 7 turnovers through the first two games, that's not going to get it done. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, NYRaider said:

KJ Costello showing that he's still the same guy he was at Stanford. At his best he looks like a potential 1st round pick and at his worst he looks like the next Connor Cook. He already has 7 turnovers through the first two games, that's not going to get it done. 

Yeah, I thought a lot of that talk about him last week was very premature. The dude put up some big volume stats but I felt he had some real struggle throws last week. I think overall Mike Leach will be moderately successful but teams are going to figure out his scheme and Costello is going to continue to look more and more average.