Week 5 Prospect Talk

rackcs

On 10/3/2020 at 5:11 PM, rackcs said:

Trask is a good player but doesn't have the physical tools that Burrow had. He may play himself into the back of round 1 but no way he'll go first overall. I don't think we'll see another Burrow for a long time, a mid-late round guy who plays himself into first overall.

Didn't we just see it the year before Burrow, with Murray?   I think it happens more often than we like to think.  I had Baker as a mid round guy, some probably didn't.  Cam Newton followed that path.

7 hours ago, OkeyDoke21 said:

Didn't we just see it the year before Burrow, with Murray?   I think it happens more often than we like to think.  I had Baker as a mid round guy, some probably didn't.  Cam Newton followed that path.

Yeah, most thought that Murray was going to play baseball after college. 

3 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Yeah, most thought that Murray was going to play baseball after college. 

Yeah, but even outside of that, before the season, he hadn’t shown anything for people to think he was high level qb prospect, before even factoring in the baseball career. Not to mention the height.  He was an after thought.  Honestly, the last 3 number ones have went from mid round type to 1.1.  Plus guys like Alex Smith.  Wentz, Bortles and RG3 didn’t go number one but they all went from raw NFL lottery type to the top of the draft in under a year. Mark Sanchez to a little lesser extent.  The college season Burrow had isn’t, but that meteoric rise from unheralded to the top of the draft boards isn’t that rare.  It happens pretty frequently.   

Edited by OkeyDoke21