Studs flying under the radar

RaidersAreOne

Quarterbacks:

- Matt Ryan. Garbage coaching staff. Garbage team. And he's still putting together a absolutely tremendous season and still a Top 7 QB in this league.

- Deshaun Watson. Rough schedule to start out, garbage coach. Watson is my #4 QB in the NFL behind Wilson, Mahomes, and Rodgers but basically nobody talking about him.

- Ryan Tannehil. Man, people sleeping on him yet again. He's having a tremendous season and currently my #5 MVP Candidate behind Wilson, Allen, Rodgers, and Mahomes. He is super efficient and also fearless.

Running Backs:

- Nick Chubb. While everyone hyping up Kamara, Aaron Jones, and Derrick Henry, Chubb is out their wrecking teams. He's having a solid season and easily the best player on the Browns Offense and it's not close.

Wide Receivers:

- Calvin Ridley. Really coming into his own as the dominant prospect we all thought he was.

Offensive Lines:

- Green Bay Packers. We gonna just ignore that Rodgers has time to eat dinner back there 3 games in?

Defense:

Aldon Smith is getting a lot of attention so I'm not going to list him. Here's some names that do need attention:

- Chris Jones. On pace for an Aaron Donald type season. Interior sacks are always more impressive than EDGE sacks. Chris Jones is unbelievable. A beast. A man. A force.

- T.J. Watt. Nobody really talking about him much... but he has 3.5 sacks in 3 games and getting consistent pressure. He's been the 2nd best defensive player in the NFL this year in my opinion behind Jones. He's a huge reason that the Steeler D may be the best unit in the league 3 games in. T.J. appears to be entering his prime and is having a breakout year.

- Jaire Alexander. We just gonna ignore that this guy isn't the best CB in the NFL right now...? Tremendous season.

- William Jackson. Having a great season for the Bengals. Loved him in the draft, glad to see him playing well.

- Trayvon Mullen. Dude has been shutdown 3 games in. Really coming into his own in his second season.

Coaching:

Pete Carroll, Kliff Kingsbury, Kyle Shanahan, Sean McVay, Bruce Arians, Matt LaFleur, Mike Tomlin, Mike Vrabel, Sean McDermott, Andy Reid, and Jon Gruden have all been tremendous this year and have called some absolutely beautiful games.

• Like 3

PFF has Goff as the third best QB so far. That's a stretch to me, but he has definitely been top 10.

Normally I'd say John Johnson for the Rams - but he's been underwhelming this year.

Darrell Henderson is playing great.

I know it was just New York's finest, and I hate the Niners, but you have to be impressed with Kyle Shanahan dominating those teams on the road with all the injuries. Nobody would have been shocked if the Niners won those games something like 16-13 but instead they just dominated.

• Like 1

Another one for the Packers is Jamaal Williams. Never going to be a feature back, but there isn’t a better spell back in the game not named Kareem Hunt. Best pass protector at his position and extremely instinctive in his cuts, creates a lot of yards for himself.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

It's really too early in the season to tell, but DK Metcalf is a basically a WR1 at this point with how bad he's making people look this year.

Imagine what a real number one would do in that offense.. Ooof. Seahawks should go all in for a trade for Julio.