Studs flying under the radar

RaidersAreOne

Tyler Boyd deserves some shine as one of the better, if not the best, slot receivers in the NFL.

Jessie Bates is playing out of his mind at the moment, and has emerged as one of the better safeties in the NFL. Crazy instincts and range.

Other names that are worth mentioning: Carl Lawson, Jonah Williams, Tee Higgins, William Jackson III

• Like 1

18 hours ago, RamblinMan99 said:

Chase Claypool, and he definitely should be in the talks for RotY.  

He's a prodigy at wideout, and I knew he was going to be special when we drafted him.  

His stats are not through the roof because other clubs in the league are just starting to double team him.  

Is he really flying under the radar, though? I think most people know he's been great for a rookie.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, flyguy1609 said:

57 minutes ago, SmittyBacall said:

Tyler Boyd deserves some shine as one of the better, if not the best, slot receivers in the NFL.

Jessie Bates is playing out of his mind at the moment, and has emerged as one of the better safeties in the NFL. Crazy instincts and range.

Other names that are worth mentioning: Carl Lawson, Jonah Williams, Tee Higgins, William Jackson III

I haven't seen many Lions games, but in the ones I have, Hockenson has stood out for sure. He's got sure hands and seems to be always open; he gets nice separation. I really liked him coming out. It's good to see that he is living up to that billing.

I saw someone describe the Bengals defense as "10 guys making mistakes and Jessie Bates putting out all the fires" and it is so true. He might be the best safety in football this year, in my opinion. Good safety play is so fun to watch.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, minutemancl said:

I haven't seen many Lions games, but in the ones I have, Hockenson has stood out for sure. He's got sure hands and seems to be always open; he gets nice separation. I really liked him coming out. It's good to see that he is living up to that billing.

I saw someone describe the Bengals defense as "10 guys making mistakes and Jessie Bates putting out all the fires" and it is so true. He might be the best safety in football this year, in my opinion. Good safety play is so fun to watch.

I'm still shocked he went as low as he did when he was coming out of college.

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/10/2020 at 1:41 PM, RaidersAreOne said:

Career year? Lol he's in his second season why are they making it sound so substantial.

I kind of think of "career year" as "a year almost anyone could be proud to put up" personally, a bit like a decade ago how "elite" meant "very good but not necessarily great or elite".