Most physically dominant players

Hunter2_1

Mike Vick to me. I’ve never seen anyone flick a wrist and the ball explode like that. His speed was next level.. The cartwheel dive he didn’t against the rams was insane! It’s crazy because he and Peppers would do amazing things. 

@iknowcool when Vick dove for a first down and pep raced him down! But it was a first down by Vick by inches. There’s was a strip sack by Pep that he took it to the house. He caught the ball mid air! Not to mention he was a freak blocking FGs one year. Dude was unreal. 

1:01 

Edited by El Ramster
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, El Ramster said:

Mike Vick to me. I’ve never seen anyone flick a wrist and the ball explode like that. His speed was next level.. The cartwheel dive he didn’t against the rams was insane! It’s crazy because he and Peppers would do amazing things. 

@iknowcool when Vick dove for a first down and pep raced him down! But it was a first down by Vick by inches. There’s was a strip sack by Pep that he took it to the house. He caught the ball mid air! Not to mention he was a freak blocking FGs one year. Dude was unreal. 

1:01 

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=s9qtXIhmh4A

It was Dan Morgan not pep who couldn’t get to Vick on that 4th and goal. Dude kept his foot up just long enough. 

Edited by El Ramster

I've said Donald, I'm adding peak JJ Watt to that.

You have to be some kind of physical freak to be able to dominate at pretty much every position on the DL. Was used as a one-gapping 3-4 defensive end, then a 3-tech, 4-3 pass rushing end, then 9-tech! And every one of these spot, interior to out - he smashed through double teams nearly every snap, and disrupted everything. The tackles in the backfield was ridiculous, the getting in the passing lanes and QB face was ridiculous, the pressures even though he had to fight threw multiple humans was ridiculous.

@ET80 - do you have his peak year stats, pressures, tackles in backfield etc? 

Pff summed him up: "The bottom line is that Watt is a physical freak, but the NFL is full of those. What separates Watt is his consistency and drive to make the play every time. He is too quick for interior players to handle and too strong for tackles and tight ends to contend with. He is a rare combination of strength and agility, and undeniably an all-time great player."

• Like 1

Reggie White - The first name that come to mind in this thread, he was so big (6'5 300), so fast, so strong, the true definition of a dominant force

gksZuOK.gif

Lawrence Taylor - Revolutionized the linebacker position ,freak of nature, he was too fast for OTs and too strong for TEs

3SsO.gif

Randy Moss - Freak of nature playing WR, had hops and was always the fastest guy on the field, he was a movement 

giphy-downsized-medium.gif

Larry Allen - Was a nightmare of defensive linemen because he stayed throwing guys out of the club, he bench pressed over 700lbs but was super fast as well 

HeavenlyReflectingGalapagospenguin-size_

Calvin Johnson - Dude was 6'5 235 and ran a 4.35, at times, it didn't matter who you put on him because he still was going to come down with the ball

calvinjohnsontouchdown1.gif

Deion Sanders - Nothing really needs to be said, he changed the game for elite level cornerback play, he literally shut down whole halves of he field in fear of him and his speed/coverage ability 

giphy.gif

Sean Taylor - Would have ended up one of the GOAT had he not passed, he was 6'3 230, played and hit like a linebacker but had the instincts and coverage skills as an elite level FS (which he was) I wouldn't have been surprised if he didn't pass he would have won DPOY at least one season.

-pNxzd.gif

• Like 3

Just what I remember seeing:Megatron, Moss, AP, maybe Primetime ....... but Reggie White makes them all look like boys. And there was no DT like White before White imo. He played and dominated at every spot on the line. Aaron Donald doesn't come close. Not Buffalo's Bruce either imo who was great but an edge. Nor Watt. 

White's only comp to me is Wilt Chamberlain. Only one of each. Wilt is even more freakish.

Bo Jackson, I've never seen a guy with that much power but just such smooth speed. That one run down the touchline against the Seahawks where he goes down the tunnel he looked like a damn video game!

Darrell Green would be the other, never saw anyone outrun him even in his late 30s. I don't know about 40 times but actually on a grass field in pads I've never seen anyone faster.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, JaireAlex said:

Just what I remember seeing:Megatron, Moss, AP, maybe Primetime ....... but Reggie White makes them all look like boys. And there was no DT like White before White imo. He played and dominated at every spot on the line. Aaron Donald doesn't come close. Not Buffalo's Bruce either imo who was great but an edge. Nor Watt. 

White's only comp to me is Wilt Chamberlain. Only one of each. Wilt is even more freakish.

Reggie would be my #1 also.  Honorable mentions would be Gronk at the TE position, Lawrence Taylor, and my favorite RB of all time - Earl Campbell.

On 10/5/2020 at 2:43 AM, Hunter2_1 said:

@ET80 - do you have his peak year stats, pressures, tackles in backfield etc?

Just saw this...

2014: 78 Tackles (59 solo) 29 TFLs, 20.5 Sacks, 51 QB hits, 4 FFs, 5 FRs (59 ret yards, 1 TD) 10 PDs, 1 INT (80 ret yards, 1 TD).

You'll never see a defensive player put up numbers like this...

• Like 3

15 hours ago, ET80 said:

Just saw this...

2014: 78 Tackles (59 solo) 29 TFLs, 20.5 Sacks, 51 QB hits, 4 FFs, 5 FRs (59 ret yards, 1 TD) 10 PDs, 1 INT (80 ret yards, 1 TD).

You'll never see a defensive player put up numbers like this...

Agreed. I see some younger fans trying to put guys like Aaron Donald on the same level as prime Watt and I just don't see it. Sure Donald's one of the best players in today's NFL and he does get a lot of sacks and stuffs rushing from multiple positions but he has never had seasons like Watt's 2014 or 2012 (81 Tackles, 39 TFL, another 20.5 sacks, 4 FF, 2FR and 16 PDs) and I don't think he ever will. 

• Like 1