Most physically dominant players

Hunter2_1

41 minutes ago, El Ramster said:

Meh. I love Taylor. But Laron Landry was more of a specimen. Sean Taylor was on a trajectory to be a special boy! Sadly he was taken too early. But Laron Landry was a freak. 

LaRon-Landry-jacked.jpg

4.35 40 time. 

Landry was the Tony Mandarich of safeties 

Edited by MSURacerDT55
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, samsel23 said:

Landry was fast, but laterally was nothing special.  Taylor was fast and fluid enough to man up.  

I don’t think you understand. Anyone can be fast. Not many people could be insanely fast with that much mass. That’s a rare blend of speed and power. You simply don’t see that. That’s a solid 220-240 of pure muscle and to run a 4.35 is just not human... Usually fast people are very lean. Not to diminish Sean. But as athlete he’s not in Landry’s class.. And he did have a solid start but PEDs and injuries began to take a toll. 

If endurance counts then Jerry Rice could be included.   Several players have talked about how he went 100% every play all game and how he might have been one the least athletic at the beginning of the game but by the 4th quarter he was by far the most athletic player on the field because he didn't ever get gassed. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, El Ramster said:

Meh. I love Taylor. But Laron Landry was more of a specimen. Sean Taylor was on a trajectory to be a special boy! Sadly he was taken too early. But Laron Landry was a freak. 

LaRon-Landry-jacked.jpg

4.35 40 time. 

Nah. Landry didn’t get like this until Brandon Jacobs ran him over. I mean, he wasn’t a small dude but this came about after that. Taylor was a physical freak. I wish more people could’ve got the chance to see him play. It really bums me out to have seen every snap of his career and see people who didn’t say he was overrated or whatever. Yes I’m biased but he’s probably the most talented football player Ive ever watched. 

• Like 1

On 10/28/2020 at 9:32 AM, lavar703 said:

Nah. Landry didn’t get like this until Brandon Jacobs ran him over. I mean, he wasn’t a small dude but this came about after that. Taylor was a physical freak. I wish more people could’ve got the chance to see him play. It really bums me out to have seen every snap of his career and see people who didn’t say he was overrated or whatever. Yes I’m biased but he’s probably the most talented football player Ive ever watched. 

I watched him play. He was no where near the most talented football player since he's played. Nor was he one of the best. His death was tragic and he was trending upwards, but this is not accurate.

16 minutes ago, Duluther said:

I watched him play. He was no where near the most talented football player since he's played. Nor was he one of the best. His death was tragic and he was trending upwards, but this is not accurate.

This is silly. Saying he wasn’t one of the best is absurd as well. Every time Sean Taylor is brought up there’s one of you guys who do this. It’s just ridiculous at this point. 

Ummm

Sean Taylor, Sean Taylor and Sean Taylor.

200.gif

main-qimg-64b0a3dbad0f9c2bf27fa2aade3e38

-pNxzd.gif

Julius Peppers is right up there as well along with Randy Moss being just that physically gifted as a receiver, no one had more natural receiving gifts and could flat our run and jump like Randy could.  

PS All legal hits by Sean by the way, using the shoulder, and not using his helmet to strike or attacking the head of the offensive player.  Launching at a player, maybe but come on it is football and is nice for the defense to kind of have a chance and not make every stupid damn QB playing currently look like Joe Montana out there.  

• Like 1

On 10/27/2020 at 10:45 AM, El Ramster said:

LaRon-Landry-jacked.jpg

4.35 40 time. 

Come on.

If you can't look at that and tell me he's juiced out of his mind then I don't know what to tell you.

Edited by DigInBoys
  • Like 2

On 10/12/2020 at 7:56 PM, JaireAlex said:

Just what I remember seeing:Megatron, Moss, AP, maybe Primetime ....... but Reggie White makes them all look like boys. And there was no DT like White before White imo. He played and dominated at every spot on the line. Aaron Donald doesn't come close. Not Buffalo's Bruce either imo who was great but an edge. Nor Watt. 

White's only comp to me is Wilt Chamberlain. Only one of each. Wilt is even more freakish.

White is the best DL I've ever seen (Donald and peak Watt come close) but I'd like to have seen how Deacon Jones (he apparently tallied 28 sacks one season) and Alan Page (one of two defenders to win MVP) matched up vs their contemporaries. Alex Karras had the talent, but even he admitted he would coast vs inferior competition. 

On 10/26/2020 at 2:15 PM, Chiefs_5627 said:

Reggie White #1 for me, that club move would just destroy 350lb men. Oddly he didn't look as strong as he was but had that farmboy type strength. 

The thing about Reggie, having (briefly) met the man in person, is that he isn't cut or anything, he's just a BIG PERSON. Kind of like Shaq - Shaq is huge, but doesn't LOOK tall when he's standing there by himself, because he's proportional; a lot of tall guys look a bit stretched out, Shaq looks like a 6 foot tall guy, except he's 7'2". Same with Reggie - he isn't bulked up or cut, he's just a massive person - big head, big neck, big shoulders, big arms, big hands, etc., so it's deceiving - you think "well, he doesn't look THAT big" until you stand next to him as a normal human being and feel like Peter Dinklage (FWIW I'm 5'9" and tended to run 200-230 lbs, so I'm average height and not a scrawny guy). 

• Like 1

On 10/30/2020 at 12:11 AM, DigInBoys said:

Come on.

If you can't look at that and tell me he's juiced out of his mind then I don't know what to tell you.

Easily juiced, not even a question.

Also on that pic there's photoshopping evidence. Look at the floor next to tricep - bit blurry/different from the rest of the floor. lol.