Week 4 - Rams vs. Giants

RamsFan24

Overall, we seemed to start off hot but started having mental breakdowns. Defensively, we didn't allow over 100 passing until REALLY late. And we allowed 9 points.... We also had some sacks. We expected a handout win and you cant do that in this league. On offense, they didn't seem to wake up but got it done at the end. Hope they learn from this and realize they cant go to DC and get an easy win. 3-1. Ill take it. 

• Like 1

It was an ugly game, but we came out on top. It was obvious after the first scoring drive that the Rams thought the Giants would just roll over and surrender, and obviously you can’t have that type of mentality in the NFL, no team should be taken lightly....ever. 
We face another struggling team next week in Washington FT, but this time we will see another strong pass rush, so the offense will need to utilize the short pass and run game again, and if we can get another complete performance from the defense, I am sure we will come out on top 

• Like 1

It wasnt pretty but we got the win. I think every team goes through something like this every year. Remember the Niners last season? At home WITH FANS, a Mason Rudolph led Steelers only lost by 4pts. Jimmy G threw 2ints. Remember the Chiefs last season? Mahomes had to pull off a 4th down play just to beat the Lions. Beat them by only 4pts  and then the following week they lost to the Jacoby Brissett led Colts team at home. Both the Chiefs and Niners went to the Superbowl. 

Ill repeat what I said again, today was a combination of two long east coast trips, still hungover from what shouldve been an historic comeback win that was ripped away due to a ticky tac penalty, I dont think they took the Giants all that seriously because the Giants are a bad team, AND no crowds in the stands to naturally fire up the team while they are going through their slump. I thought the play calling on offense suggested McVay knew the Giants werent going to be a threat to outscore him. Ill say this about the Rams today, when we needed to get that td to give us some breathing room Goff delivered. When the defense needed to shut the door on any type of hope Williams got the interception. Again, wasnt pretty but we got the win. Sometimes you have to win even if your A or even B game isnt working. The Rams Superbowl season in 2018 that Broncos game was the perfect example of that. Barely beat them but found a way to win. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, JonStark said:

Players won that game. Sean better get his act together or we'll lose next week to the WFT. 

He better have a good answer why Henderson was on the sidelines as much as he was.

Yeah McVay coached this game like he knew the Giants wasnt a threat. They werent. The score looked like they were but I liken this game like a Floyd Mayweather fight. He could knock people out but later on in his career he knew to out box people and win on the scorecard because they couldnt touch him literally. From a fans perspective Mayweather fights seem boring because he wasnt knocking out his opponents as he got older. So thats how I viewed this game. McVay knew Garrett and the Giants offense wasnt a threat so he definitely coached like it because against the Bills offense in the when the Rams never punted or against Pederson offense when the Rams nearly put up 30pts you can tell McVay looked across the field and said McDermett a great coach and Pederson a Superbowl coach so he wasnt playing it close to the vest. Today, Garrett the OC and Judge the HC yes McVay knew those guys werent a threat even if McVay did little to nothing in terms of creative playcalling outside of a handful of plays.  

Sloppy, sluggish win today but a better outcome than the impressive loss last week. 
We looked great on both sides for each first drive and just looked flat after that. While it’s possible that we overlooked the Giants, that’s a lame excuse. We just came off heartbreaking loss and should have came out guns blazing. 
Defense, realistically, did their job and held the Giants without a TD and very low yardage. Just felt like we kept getting pushed back towards the ends up until the game sealing pick. 
Where was Henderson today? Dude was rolling the last two weeks and then hardly has any touches this week. Just didn’t make sense to me. 
Let’s take the win and get our ish together for next week. To those who are acting as of the sky is falling—relax, this is a 3-1 team who looks every bit the part so far. Everyone has a dull game every once in a while... We had one today and still came away with the W. 
Go Rams 

What’s up Rams people? Read through this briefly but maybe someone with any knowledge on the situation can tell me where Henderson went? I’m a big fan of that kid during the draft process and have him on multiple fantasy teams. I thought after the last two weeks he would be used as the main guy in a game I thought y’all would handle easily, although I don’t think the giants ever truly had a chance. 

4 hours ago, Fureys49ers said:

What’s up Rams people? Read through this briefly but maybe someone with any knowledge on the situation can tell me where Henderson went? I’m a big fan of that kid during the draft process and have him on multiple fantasy teams. I thought after the last two weeks he would be used as the main guy in a game I thought y’all would handle easily, although I don’t think the giants ever truly had a chance. 

Good question, The only thing I can say is that this offense is extremely unpredictable when It comes to who will get a lot of touches. This could be Mcvay wanting to get Malcom Brown more involved so that Henderson can stay fresh, especially after being the only healthy RB the last two weeks (week 2-3) and getting so many touches. Thats my guess. I think the only players that are almost guaranteed to see a lot of touches every game are Kupp and woods. We won't have a "main guy" all season at RB. 

The Giants defense did a lot of good stuff to counter us. Played the flats well, had a man cover the crosser, didn't bite on movement as much. Kudos to them. I really think Sean was keeping it simple so as to not give away our counter to such a defensive scheme. This is quite similar to what was done before against us (Lions, Bears, Pats), but we found success last year against it a bit. Overall a win is a win and if we can keep some plays to ourselves so as not to put them on film, great. The play calling was very vanilla with screens, inside zones, and outs/posts to Reynolds getting a majority of the play calls. From the outset it felt like McVay didn't bring his A game play calling or was holding some stuff back. 

• Like 1

Anyone find out what happened with Henderson? He had 32 yards in the first quarter and then nothing again until the 4th it felt like. Brown did OK churning out short yardage first downs, but he didn't have the play making Henderson does. Maybe it pass protection concerns?

But with Henderson out of the game and McVay calling the game the way he did, we looked flat. Thank christ for the defense and the fact we were playing the Giants or else that would of been ugly. 

1 hour ago, btfd16 said:

Troy Hill makes me feel bad feelings

I definitely expected more of him this year, but playing the slot is no easy task, especially considering its the first year he's done it. Hoping he starts to get comfortable there soon.

13 hours ago, MDY10 said:

I definitely expected more of him this year, but playing the slot is no easy task, especially considering its the first year he's done it. Hoping he starts to get comfortable there soon.

We have David Long and  Terrell Burgess capable of playing the slot. Its 25% through the season and Hill is noticeably the weak link on the defense. And if we notice it, surely opposing defensive coordinators do too

• Like 1