Week 4 - Rams vs. Giants

RamsFan24

This was a tuff game to watch, but a Win is a Win nevertheless. Hopefully we can put up an all around better game against the Team with no name.

Also I hate how Leonard Floyd's sack gotten tooken away on a stupid penalty. Floyd is quietly putting some stats up so far.

Edited by RamsFan24
  • Like 1

I think many of you are looking way too deep into this game. It feels as simple as McVay isnt pulling out the bag of tricks against the bad teams anymore, allowing more tape for good coaches to study. Wouldnt be shocked to see another similar game this week against WAS. Something methodical, a 24-13 win or something like that where we just ball control, and have 200+ yards rushing split among 3 Backs (plus a few more receiver end arounds) for a pretty ho-hum game.

I get the feeling that he is keeping alot close to the vest for when we have to come out of the bye week with Seahawks, Bucs, (healthier?) Niners, Cards, Patriots

Edited by StLunatic88
  • Like 3

11 minutes ago, StLunatic88 said:

I think many of you are looking way too deep into this game. It feels s simple as McVay isnt pull out the bag of tricks against the bad teams anymore, allowing ore tape for good coaches to study. Wouldnt be shocked to see another similar game this week against WAS. Something methodical, a 24-13 win or something like that where we just ball control, and have 200+ yards rushing split among 3 Backs (plus a few more receiver end arounds) for a pretty ho-hum game.

I get the feeling that he is keeping alot close to the vest for when we have to come out of the bye week with Seahawks, Bucks, (healthier?) Niners, Cards, Patriots

Understandable, sometimes teams show their hand too soon and no one is caught off guard with what you do anymore. We’ve been relatively lucky overall as far as injuries are concerned, and if we can keep that up and progress as a defense, i don’t see why we can’t make a deep playoff run. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, StLunatic88 said:

I think many of you are looking way too deep into this game. It feels as simple as McVay isnt pulling out the bag of tricks against the bad teams anymore, allowing more tape for good coaches to study. Wouldnt be shocked to see another similar game this week against WAS. Something methodical, a 24-13 win or something like that where we just ball control, and have 200+ yards rushing split among 3 Backs (plus a few more receiver end arounds) for a pretty ho-hum game.

I get the feeling that he is keeping alot close to the vest for when we have to come out of the bye week with Seahawks, Bucs, (healthier?) Niners, Cards, Patriots

We came out flat. I agree that McVay didn't pull out all the stops, but we shouldn't have to do that against the Giants. We had a bad game. Good news is that we won. That's all that matters to me.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, jrry32 said:

We came out flat. I agree that McVay didn't pull out all the stops, but we shouldn't have to do that against the Giants. We had a bad game. Good news is that we won. That's all that matters to me.

Oh I definately agree that we had a bad game. Its actually encouraging that we were able to pull out a bad/sloppy game (and I was never all that worried).

But coming out flat, especially as an offense, is always a risk if we go with a more vanilla playbook. Thats something that McVa needs to learn to balance out.

• Like 1