Sign in to follow this  
Johnny Nix

Week 4- Jags

6 minutes ago, SmittyBacall said:

Burrow might already be the best player on the team. 

You think so?

13 minutes ago, Counselor said:

You think so?

Depends if you consider positional value or not.

Boyd is arguably a better slot receiver than Burrow is a QB. Jessie Bates is arguably a better free safety than Burrow is a QB. Mixon might arguably be a better RB than Burrow is a QB. But that’s about it. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Beck Bristow said:

Don't you defend his negativity!

Well, the Bengals are a bad football team too.  But don't let me bring you down.  They won!

I cannot take the Bears board anymore and our pathetic coach/GM/QB situation.

I was hoping to come hang out here and talk about Joe Burrow, who I am so insanely jealous of.

I watched the Jags game after our game got pushed back and I was very impressed. They have been better the last couple of weeks. They just look more in control than they did in weeks 1 and 2.

Some Thoughts

-I think Fred Johnson not playing RG has been a positive. He was a mess from a technique stand point.

-I love Tyler Boyd, what an asset for a young QB. His ability to catch a 7 yard pass and always get the 1st down is really impressive.

-Tee Higgins and Drew Sample getting involved is very nice to see. I believe you have to hit on 2nd round picks as they are the backbone of a really good team.

-I wish I could have paid better attention to Jonah Williams as we know the OL needs work, but if he could take a couple of big steps throughout the season at least the most expensive position is taken care of.

-Defensively, I do not know what to make of the LB core. I know they are young and they have some nice moments and then on others they look a little lost. If a couple of the group of 3-4 could settle in to those spots that would be such a boost. It would be nice if there was an older vet who could stabilize and let them make plays.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

I cannot take the Bears board anymore and our pathetic coach/GM/QB situation.

I was hoping to come hang out here and talk about Joe Burrow, who I am so insanely jealous of.

I watched the Jags game after our game got pushed back and I was very impressed. They have been better the last couple of weeks. They just look more in control than they did in weeks 1 and 2.

Some Thoughts

-I think Fred Johnson not playing RG has been a positive. He was a mess from a technique stand point.

-I love Tyler Boyd, what an asset for a young QB. His ability to catch a 7 yard pass and always get the 1st down is really impressive.

-Tee Higgins and Drew Sample getting involved is very nice to see. I believe you have to hit on 2nd round picks as they are the backbone of a really good team.

-I wish I could have paid better attention to Jonah Williams as we know the OL needs work, but if he could take a couple of big steps throughout the season at least the most expensive position is taken care of.

-Defensively, I do not know what to make of the LB core. I know they are young and they have some nice moments and then on others they look a little lost. If a couple of the group of 3-4 could settle in to those spots that would be such a boost. It would be nice if there was an older vet who could stabilize and let them make plays.

So are you pledging your allegiance to this team now?

2 hours ago, Johnny Nix said:

So are you pledging your allegiance to this team now?

Taking a Bears vacation.

I like what the Bengals have cooking right now. 2020 isn’t going to be pretty, but I like where you guys are going.

Even more so if you are high enough to trade down with a QB desperate team and can add a ton of picks.

• Like 3