A Battle of Behemoths: The Josh McCown Revenge Game (Week 5 GDT)

zelbell

Who wins  

21 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins

• Hornbybrown
    • Jets
    • Browns
    • No one
    • America
    • 0-0 tie

Lets drop the fire hue, start hogan crap right now. Hue gets to coach this garbage scowl of a team until his contract is up. Play kizer rest of the year. Learn from mistakes is all i ask. Sign best fa wr draft qb if needed... barkley if not then try to get the best wr in the draft. Use 2nds to help fill in the defense. Cut britt. Done! 

That is all

mc

1 hour ago, mistakey said:

And had they got the first down and the touchdown everyone would talk about how genius it was.  You gotta take some risks.  It would have put us up 4 and our kicker missed 2 field goals.  Doesn't take analytics to see the upside of the move.  People just hated it cause it didn't work out.  Funny how people want hue to run more until he runs more 

There's a built-in argument for either choice.

We lost, so I guess he made the wrong one.

44 minutes ago, Mastercheddaar said:

Lets drop the fire hue, start hogan crap right now. Hue gets to coach this garbage scowl of a team until his contract is up. Play kizer rest of the year. Learn from mistakes is all i ask. Sign best fa wr draft qb if needed... barkley if not then try to get the best wr in the draft. Use 2nds to help fill in the defense. Cut britt. Done! 

That is all

mc

I'll drop it as soon as he wins more games than last year.

1 hour ago, ditchdigger said:

I'll drop it as soon as he wins more games than last year.

We can't fire Hue because we'd never find a viable replacement for him. The only move I'd even consider is moving Gregg to HC/DC and hire a legit OC to run the offense, but I don't see that happening. 

If it were all growing pains with Kizer I'd not be as upset. And honestly the turnovers don't bother me near as much as his inability to progress through reads. I get tired of watching play after play where he locks onto one target and misses guys wide open down field. Did that today and we would have had another Njoku TD. He also runs stupid. 3rd and 4 and he had green grass in front of him, and whats he do? Runs to the sideline then throws it away. 

Hue's play call to run option and pitch to Crowell was terrible. It cost us at least a field goal. Hue's wasting timeouts is ridiculous also. If you're going to go for it on 4th and 3 near the goal line, You better know that you're intending to do that on 3rd down. Why? because we could have ran on 3rd down rather than throwing, and on 4th down spread the defense out and let Hogan run the play with the option to run it if there is a lane open. Regardless, we gained 0 yards on the 3rd down incompletion and never should have gone for it on 4th down. It was a terrible call that would have tied up the football game and given us some momentum. Njoku needs more than 3 targets. Duke needs more than 3 targets. 

Kizer isn't seeing the field develop on the field. I really think right now he needs to watch the game and watch QB's make reads and make plays. 

6 hours ago, Aztec Hammer said:

Bro you roasted me last week for saying we need a QB.

I believe in Kizers potential but this team is completely devoid of playmakers. And I think benching Kizer will only destroy his confidence. Just like at notre dame. Thus we’re going to need a new QB to groom. I’m just incredibly sick of losing. And at this point if we get the #1 pick again we might as well take a QB. All I know is we need to solve that problem ASAP. Alex Smith has already stated he doesn’t believe he will be back next year I’d trade for him or sign Jimmy G/Aj and draft another guy. Idc load up at that position 

5 hours ago, cattleman78 said:

I to am tired of losing. We have the youngest team in the N.F.L.  I.M.O. we need to stick with our plan. With another year of experience we win this game. Our young players make to many crucial mistakes.

Yeah, we knew what we were getting into with a top down tear down and rebuild.

Stick with the plan, draft the best qb you can and add a slew of playmakers around him and continue to add to the defense.

This team just needs more talent and more experience.

12 hours ago, Mastercheddaar said:

That is all

mc

Facts, coming from a guy who coaches, I see the concepts of what he's trying to do offensively. People who don't know the game instantly attack the coach the coach when they really don't know whats going on. Second, I didn't think Kizer played bad at all, his passes were pretty much on the money IIRC, it was just the redzone turnovers that killed us, which probably is something that Hue despises, he's probably told Kizer countless about of times to protect the ball and that's why he sat them down. People shouldn't be confused with Hue sitting him with him not being effective, we dang near doubled up them yardage wise in the first half.

We are so undisciplined, but that comes with being the youngest team in the NFL, I actually see progress, we need to work on being more focused, we should have won that game going away but we didn't because we couldn't put points on the board which is crucial.

4 hours ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

Facts, coming from a guy who coaches, I see the concepts of what he's trying to do offensively. People who don't know the game instantly attack the coach the coach when they really don't know whats going on. Second, I didn't think Kizer played bad at all, his passes were pretty much on the money IIRC, it was just the redzone turnovers that killed us, which probably is something that Hue despises, he's probably told Kizer countless about of times to protect the ball and that's why he sat them down. People shouldn't be confused with Hue sitting him with him not being effective, we dang near doubled up them yardage wise in the first half.

We are so undisciplined, but that comes with being the youngest team in the NFL, I actually see progress, we need to work on being more focused, we should have won that game going away but we didn't because we couldn't put points on the board which is crucial.

Lol. I got OC coaching experience too. (cough cough little league play  60 O.o So I um know offenses). I understand the undisciplined part. That is why Hue benched him. Kizer was probably up in arms and lost his cool. This will help him in the long run. For one thing, it'll teach him he is not the only QB on the team. Two it'll give him game footage on how to pass to the tight ends and set up screens with Duke. 

As for Goods, Bads, and Uglies.... 

Good - Garret. Even part time he made a huge difference on this D-line. 2 sacks!!! Shelton as well. We stuffed their run all game long. Gives a lot of hope. We have the ground work for something good. 

Bad - Stupid rookie mistakes in the red zone. Kizer will have hiccups. But he did show a bit of progress in this game. We are not going anywhere this year and losses put us in a better position to make this team a true winner. I'd rather be 2-14 this season and go 8-8 next than 4-12 and 3-13. We will win a game. It'll happen. 

Ugly - Not kicking the fieldgoal to tie the game. That is on Hue. Red zone turnovers. The rookie kicker. 2 missed field goals. Timeout management. Now Hue might need an OC to help him focus on other aspects of the game. HC is responsible for a lot more than just the offense. 

At any rate, stay the course. The Browns are exactly who we thought they were. 

That is all

Mastercheddaar 

The progress is painstakingly slow, but there is progress. Glad to see Peppers get to show his skills more. Very good rookie class. Receiving group was solid. Kizer and Hogan can move the ball. We'll see what happens. Still a lot of growing room left for not only the players but the coaching and FO as well. One thing for sure is that Myles, Njoku, and Jobi are A+. 

Archived