A Battle of Behemoths: The Josh McCown Revenge Game (Week 5 GDT)

zelbell

Who wins  

21 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins

• Hornbybrown
    • Jets
    • Browns
    • No one
    • America
    • 0-0 tie

Hogan showed more quarterbacking prowess on that drive than Kizer has all season combined.

Unless they really want Darnold or Rosen, I can't see how Hogan isn't the starter as he gives us the best chance to win.

Who'd have imagined that being the case this time last year??

Nice throw and better catch.

First lead. Go get that win Brownies.

I have no issues at all with Hogan coming in for relief. Had to happen. What I’m interested in though is going forward. If he plays average the rest of the way, does he start next week, or is this just a relief-pitcher role for today?

Just now, NateDawg said:

I have no issues at all with Hogan coming in for relief. Had to happen. What I’m interested in though is going forward. If he plays average the rest of the way, does he start next week, or is this just a relief-pitcher role for today?

He prolly needs to start if they want to win, the difference is pretty clear right now between the two.

Just now, Supersonic_BR said:

I don't know why he isn't involved in the offense more often.

Well it seems weird...when Kizer is in, it seems like we put more emphasis on our WRs getting down field....but when Hogan gets in, he is able to utilize our TEs

1 minute ago, NateDawg said:

IMO, if he plays average the rest of the way it is still an improvement over what Kizer has shown. It remains to be seen what the goal is, if it is to actually win football games or to tank the season.

Point to me is that every time hogan is in he seems to run teh offense bettem looks more relaxed and we play better as a team. I really have nothing against Kizer but he is not even close to be ready to play. He always looks confused to me.

2 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Hogan showed more quarterbacking prowess on that drive than Kizer has all season combined.

Unless they really want Darnold or Rosen, I can't see how Hogan isn't the starter as he gives us the best chance to win.

Who'd have imagined that being the case this time last year??

It was a simple drive o be fair, hooks, curls, it seems with kizer it is all tricks and mystery. 

Just now, pscottdai said:

Point to me is that every time hogan is in he seems to run teh offense bettem looks more relaxed and we play better as a team. I really have nothing against Kizer but he is not even close to be ready to play. He always looks confused to me.

Yea, it's really unfortunate that Kizer isn't improving as fast as we would all live him to...thinking this is one of those situations where a rookie QB benefits some time on the bench.

1 minute ago, Supersonic_BR said:

IMO, if he plays average the rest of the way it is still an improvement over what Kizer has shown. It remains to be seen what the goal is, if it is to actually win football games or to tank the season.

Yeah, I think that’s the ultimate question. Winning vs. seeing what there is with Kizer through experience. The winning option is clear at this point.

Archived