Games Balls and Whatever: Browns at Dallas

HDsportsfan

4 hours ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

Trying to focus on some positives, because the negatives have been overwhelming...

What a home run we got with Tyler Biadasz. 4th round rookie is might play 900 snaps this year and lock down the spot for the foreseeable future. 

I have been pretty pleased with the draft picks.

Shame I think we made a mistake with the coaching staff.

11 hours ago, Rtnldave said:

He got paid.

Yeah, I get that. Still can't believe it happened to him. The guy who worked so hard to overcome his injury and turn into one of the better linebackers in all of football. Mike Fisher even said he was going to be one of the best leaders to ever play for the Dallas Cowboys.

Of all the players to fall off a cliff, I didn't expect it to be him.

1 hour ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

Yeah, I get that. Still can't believe it happened to him. The guy who worked so hard to overcome his injury and turn into one of the better linebackers in all of football. Mike Fisher even said he was going to be one of the best leaders to ever play for the Dallas Cowboys.

Of all the players to fall off a cliff, I didn't expect it to be him.

It's becoming the norm nowadays. Let's face it, the NFL is big buisness, many of these players just see it as a cash grab. Same as teachers are often accused of working above and beyond until they receive tenure and then just ride the boat for the next 25 years.

They work hard, play hard, give it all, get paid and decide: what's the point of making all this money if I'm going to end up half a vegetable by age 40?

So they play just enough to warrant a roster spot but not close to their potential.

That's why I am screaming and ranting on here all the time about getting a coach. Not a fat slob who delights in analytics or a kiss *** to the owner. But a real, honest to goodness coach. One who understands that the first thing your players need to do is get in and stay in shape. Run them till they drop. Then run some more. It will serve them well late in games.

Then, focus on the basics: block, tackle, protect the ball, mind your surroundings (okay I stole that from Batman) but it's true. See Zeke Elliott fumble this past week.

Play smart, basic, fundamentally sound football AND THEN the talent will have a chance to develop and reach or exceed its potential.

Why is this so difficult to grasp?

GB.  ...

HM.  Dak. ...   hard to pick anyone else here While I will automatically not blame a QB for a strip sack. When you have it happen regularly then the QB need to be a little more aware.  Yeah it sucks because it then limits your effectiveness. You can’t see e whole field if you have to watch your blind side and you can’t get too your second read or third if you can’t be patient in the pocket. But you can’t keep turning the ball over either

JS.  LB core and scheme.   The coaches need to figure this $&@$$ out.   It just frustrates me to ...  to see other teams LB and Safeties constantly make players along the LOS when we try to run wide throw screens yet our LB and Safeties are 7-8!yards off the LOS and unable to make any plays along the LOS and still unable to make plays in throws down field.

HM coop. I have seen too many plays from you in your Dallas career where you give zero effort to “help” your QB. You can make amazing catches and do amazing things after the catch. But you quit too many times and it’s costly.  

Edited by quiller

1 minute ago, quiller said:

GB.  ...

HM.  Dak. ...   hard to pick anyone else here While I will automatically not blame a QB for a strip sack. When you have it happen regularly then the QB need to be a little more aware.  Yeah it sucks because it then limits your effectiveness. You can’t see e whole field if you have to watch your blind side and you can’t get too your second read or third if you can’t be patient in the pocket. But you can’t keep turning the ball over either

JS.  LB core and scheme.   The coaches need to figure this $&@$$ out.   It just frustrates me to ...  to see other teams LB and Safeties constantly make players along the LOS when we try to run wide throw screens yet our LB and Safeties are 7-8!yards off the LOS and unable to make any plays along the LOS and still unable to make plays on throws down field.  Mean while teams routinely move the ball up and down the field against us either by swing passes quick tosses to the flat or deep bombs.  

HM coop. I have seen too many plays from you in your Dallas career where you give zero effort to “help” your QB. You can make amazing catches and do amazing things after the catch. But you quit too many times and it’s costly.