The Tom Brady Thread

BayRaider

Props to Tom. He looks just like 2017 Brady which many on the board predicted. I know the forum was pretty split on him declining. However, many of us said watch his tape from 2019 and don’t box score scout. Same arm from the 2016/2017 seasons, just by far one of the worst offensive casts in the league. Same arm from 2012? No. Same arm from 2016-2017? Yes. 

Brady looked like hot garbage in Week 1, but let’s be real here... first game on a new team in 20 years, no pre season, and limited corona off season. 

Gets better every week:

Week 2 - Good game

Week 3 - Amazing game

Week 4 - MVP Level game against arguably the Top Secondary in the League coming into the game

Edited by BayRaider
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Props to Tom. He looks just like 2017 Brady which many on the board predicted. I know the forum was pretty split on him declining. However, many of us said watch his tape from 2019 and don’t box score scout. Same arm from the 2016/2017 seasons, just by far one of the worst offensive casts in the league. Same arm from 2012? No. Same arm from 2016-2017? Yes. 

Brady looked like hot garbage in Week 1, but let’s be real here... first game on a new team in 20 years, no pre season, and limited corona off season. 

Gets better every week:

Week 2 - Good game

Week 3 - Amazing game

Week 4 - MVP Level game against arguably the Top Secondary in the League coming into the game

according to whom?

• Like 10

6 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

according to whom?

Casey Heyward, Chris Harris Jr are two of the best. I also sat my #1 DJ Moore against them last week because of how lights out they have been playing all season. They had given up the least amount of points to WR’s. 

With that said, I also said “arguably”. 

10 minutes ago, lancerman said:

Anybody who realistically watched him last year knew he was still good. He was throwing dimes all year, they were just getting dropped. 

I just want the guys who I watched spend the last 10 years saying he was nothing without Bill to show up 

GOAT

For the record, you could also tell his arm was losing a little something. He's still super effective, but not what he was 5 years ago.

With the right offensive pieces in place I'm still taking him this season over a TON of the younger QBs that teams were supposedly happy with this offseason.

Okay "younger" is a tad redundant since every QB in this league is younger.

13 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Casey Heyward, Chris Harris Jr are two of the best. I also sat my #1 DJ Moore against them last week because of how lights out they have been playing all season. They had given up the least amount of points to WR’s. 

With that said, I also said “arguably”. 

Chris Harris Jr is on IR. The Chargers have already lost 2 Safeties for the season...

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, BlaqOptic said:

Chris Harris Jr is on IR. The Chargers have already lost 2 Safeties for the season...

Wasn’t aware. But their secondary was still allowing the least amount of points going into this game. 

Also, once again, said “arguably”. 

Edited by BayRaider

3 minutes ago, patriotsheatyan said:

He was publicly humiliated and taken apart by the only respectable team he’s played. The other teams he had good games against are picking top top this year.

Someone a little salty he left....? Chargers are a pretty average team with a top tier defense that I’d definitely say is Top 7-8 in the league. Chargers are not scrubs by any means. Panthers also about to be 2-2 with a loss to the Bucs, and razor close loss to the Raiders. 

Bucs play a 3-0 (probably 4-0) team in the Bears this week who have a great defense. Gonna say they suck too? 

• Like 1