The Tom Brady Thread

BayRaider

Amazing performance by him today. That throw to Miller might be the best throw I have seen him make in at least two years.

Their offense seems to be finally clicking week to week. With Brown coming, that will just open things up for Evans. 

Edited by RUGmen

6 minutes ago, ILoveTheVikings said:

So far Tom has erased any doubt that he can't win without Bill.

I think this for sure shuts up any “system” talk. People always said this but failed to realize BB is a defensive minded coach. Brady is showing that the “system” was really him. I think if anything this exposes McDaniels.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, RUGmen said:

I think this for sure shuts up any “system” talk. People always said this but failed to realize BB is a defensive minded coach. Brady is showing that the “system” was really him. I think if anything this exposes McDaniels.

McDaniels has no WR’s if TE’s. You can’t lay this at his feet. That’s Bill

12 minutes ago, SkippyX said:

Not sure if anyone brought this up yet but Brady is the all time regular season TD pass king now.

• Brady 559
  • Brees 558

Brees had a 6 TD lead going into the 2020 season

• Brady 18
  • Brees 11

That’s weird. Over the years I thought Brady’s GOAT case were just team accomplishments or something /s

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, SkippyX said:

Not sure if anyone brought this up yet but Brady is the all time regular season TD pass king now.

• Brady 559
  • Brees 558

• Brady 18
  • Brees 11

Before this season started this was the one record I was almost sure Brady wouldn’t get, just felt like Brees, being younger and the way the Saints offense is, there was no he was catching him.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Pats#1 said:

Before this season started this was the one record I was almost sure Brady wouldn’t get, just felt like Brees, being younger and the way the Saints offense is, there was no he was catching him.

I was sure he would get it.  Tampa is too stacked, and Brees has been hovering around a 30 td pace for a few years.

The narrative will shift quickly to..”Brady has a stacked team, obviously he is playing well”

Fact of the matter is..Bucs were a 7-9 team and a franchise who has failed to make the playoffs in over 10 years. Brady has changed the culture entirely.

• Like 6

3 hours ago, lancerman said:

McDaniels has no WR’s if TE’s. You can’t lay this at his feet. That’s Bill

McDaniels was horrible in St. Louis as OC and we all know his time in Denver. 

So far, he has proven to be nothing without Brady. Lack of talent or not, the Pats QBs so far this season have 3TDs:11INTs both last in the league.

• Like 2

I won't lie, I want McDaniels gone. I thought he was brilliant in his playcalling the first two weeks of the season, but the lack of designed runs for Cam over the last couple of games has been absolutely baffling. Why get rid of the sharpest arrow in your quiver when you have so few others? 

We can talk all we want about Belichick the GM, but McDaniels has failed to maximize what little talent exists on the roster. He has reverted to thinking Cam is capable of playing like Brady, when that's clearly not the case. 

Edited by Starless
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, SkippyX said:

• Brady 559
  • Brees 558

• Brady 18
  • Brees 11

Think how different the numbers would be if they switched home stadiums. Brady gets a track meet a minimum 8 times per year, Brees gets to throw into freezing Nor'easter winds.

• Like 1

I still can’t believe this marriage happened even though it’s perfect. Tampa was the throw in team at the end of an article for Teams he may go to. I thought the Chargers were the only team he’d go to outside of NE. And no disrespect but TB is just a franchise you think gets overlooked despite the fact that they were a great fit. Glad TB and Arians are getting a final shake together because I thought both could still be top of their game and needed to give one last go 

1 hour ago, Starless said:

I won't lie, I want McDaniels gone. I thought he was brilliant in his playcalling the first two weeks of the season, but the lack of designed runs for Cam over the last couple of games has been absolutely baffling. Why get rid of the sharpest arrow in your quiver when you have so few others? 

We can talk all we want about Belichick the GM, but McDaniels has failed to maximize what little talent exists on the roster. He has reverted to thinking Cam is capable of playing like Brady, when that's clearly not the case. 

Can't believe this. Few days ago I was thinking about the most adequate adjective to call what the GM Bill Belichick assembled on O the past few years after he tried to get rid of Gronk and forced him to retire to avoid being traded to freaking Lions. English is not my first language so my vocabulary is very limited but I picked "disgraceful". Yeh, what he came up on O was disrespectful to his long time SB-winning-partner and possibly the GOAT QB in his dawn years. The ball catchers in NE can't get separation and they don't have good hands. An amazing combo right there. Also, the only good route runner is playing on one knee. To add insult to the injury, his first 1st round WR pick in ages downright sucks. He's a complete bust. I bet prime wilfork could keep up with him for some yards downfield. The 1st round Pick RB only had a good year running behind that great oline plus gronk/allen and a lot of the time also behind Develin. Once they went out alongside his own injuries he went downhill.

I don't subscribe to advanced stats websites and also can't watch everygame but I'd bet my car that pats receivers are bottom5 in advanced metrics. They simply can't create windows. Plus Cam was an inconsistent / inaccurate thrower his whole life. A recipe for disaster.

But I can't blame Cam. Pats knew who he was. As I said in a previous thread, Not even Rodgers could work well with those receivers.

Onto McDaniels: the previous game against the Broncos was so bad that  McDaniels in the last drive had to come up with creative ways to make Edelman pass the ball and move us downfield and it worked. Just like the plays he designed on the sideline to win 'us' the last SB.

About the designed run plays for Newton, he isn't a spring chicken anymore. He wouldn't last a whole season grinding yard for yard with this horrible O. Also, lets not forget he's playing for peanuts. I'm sure McDaniels can maximize the talents of a dual threat QB. it's not rocket science. We saw that with Brisset and we'll see a lot more in the following years when Pats draft a dual threat QB.