The Tom Brady Thread

BayRaider

50 minutes ago, Pats#1 said:

From a purely individual statistical perspective, yes.

Overall success, absolutely not, no.

From a bulk stat perspective, maybe.  Tom Brady’s value has always been more about his efficiency though, which NE did often have a great setup for.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, lancerman said:

No lol. Brady went to a stacked team. There's always one team that is built that lacks and elite QB and like Manning in 2012, Brady found them. Over a 20 year period Bill retooled so many times to keep Brady in position to have a shot in the playoffs. 

I know, lol. I'm still just chuckling at the haters;)

Did you know he had to win 3 games on the road to reach the Superbowl? First time he had ever had to do that

16 minutes ago, ILoveTheVikings said:

I know, lol. I'm still just chuckling at the haters;)

Did you know he had to win 3 games on the road to reach the Superbowl? First time he had ever had to do that

I think it’s crazy he went to the NFC and in his first year beat Brees and Rodgers on the road. You couldn’t even write that. Like he goes and plays the two men most synonymous with that conference for 10 plus years and beats them in their house? 

5 minutes ago, SalvadorsDeli said:

What are the odds that Brady retires if they beat the Chiefs?

I'm sure the whole 'going out on top'/fairytale ending is appealing but Brady's also obsessed with competition and I can't see him hanging it up while he thinks he has a chance to win more. 

I've personally always seen Brady as the equivalent of those old school wrestlers who go, "the only way out is on your back." Think a win would make him want to continue playing more than a loss would.

I will say though, I don't recall ever seeing Brady this happy/jovial during a playoff run. He almost looks like he is just taking it all in and relishing it, one last time. Who knows, maybe he made up in his mind before the season started that this would be his final ride.

16 minutes ago, SalvadorsDeli said:

I'm sure the whole 'going out on top'/fairytale ending is appealing but Brady's also obsessed with competition and I can't see him hanging it up while he thinks he has a chance to win more. 

I think BA retires if we win.

But Brady will probably be back. He said he wants to play until he's 45. No need to retire now. It's not like he needs another ring for his legacy or anything. He's playing because he's still having fun.

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

I think BA retires if we win.

But Brady will probably be back. He said he wants to play until he's 45. No need to retire now. It's not like he needs another ring for his legacy or anything. He's playing because he's still having fun.

That's interesting re: Arians. Is Leftwich or Bowles lined up to replace him? 

1 hour ago, SalvadorsDeli said:

Given that Brees has him on career yards, I'm pretty sure Brady's coming back for 2022.  He can't stand being 2nd in anything.  

Plus, with a W he'd still have 3 more to go for both hands.

Edited by Broncofan

58 minutes ago, SalvadorsDeli said:

That's interesting re: Arians. Is Leftwich or Bowles lined up to replace him? 

I know BA wants Lefty to succeed him. I dunno how Licht and ownership feel. But in this scenario we win the Super Bowl, so I would guess he's the frontrunner.

1 hour ago, SalvadorsDeli said:

Zero. 

Brady will play in 2021 no matter what. 

I could see him possibly even playing in 2022 on a one year deal if he hasn’t won a Super Bowl, and hasn’t showed much regression. Although, I’d say 2021 is probably it. 

8 hours ago, lancerman said:

Parker is still worse. In 2012 he said Brady would never go to another SB again. He's about to enter to his 5th since that statement and won 3 of them so far. To give context, the most SB's a QB has ever been in aside from Brady is 5, in 2012 only Elway and Brady went to 5. So since that statement, Brady effectively has tied what was the record for most Super Bowls in that time. 

And at least Kellermen always insisted Brady was the GOAT and has since backed off that statement. Even if Brady played an amazing SB and somehow won, Parker is going to find a reason to call it flukey and lucky and say that he is fraudulent. 

No way, no how. 

The thing about Parker is at least recently I feel like even he gives away that he knows he’s trolling. 

7 hours ago, SalvadorsDeli said:

The guy genuinely seems to love competing and the football life.  I think it takes serious injury or significant decline for him to hang it up.

7 hours ago, ChazStandard said:

This is really more a "Tampa Bay were really bad for a long time" stat than a Brady stat, but as of last night Brady has the franchise record for post season touchdowns (6) and tied the record for play-off wins (3). 

That's a great stat, and I agree about the implications, but more specifically aimed at the QB position.  They were a great team for a while but either Dilfer was their QB and it took the [2nd] best defense of all time to get him a SB (and the Ravens were probably still lucky to win that season) and then...Shaun King?  Brad Johnson?  I don't even remember who won them that SB.  If Testaverde was drafted 10 years later he could have probably had good team success with the Bucs.

Tom Brady now has 19 more postseason wins than the Lions and Cardinals combined, who have been around for a combined 191? seaons.  He has more playoff wins than the bottom five franchises combined, and more playoff wins than any franchise except for the Pats, Cowboys, Steelers, Packers.  Heck, if he keeps playing he might end up with more playoff wins than any single franchise, and if he wins the SB he'll have more SB wins than any franchise.