The Tom Brady Thread

BayRaider

8 hours ago, SkippyX said:

ROFLMAO at any hint of Brady and cheating.

• He does not put anything bad in his body.
    • If he drinks a beer or a soda then he flushes it with a gallon of water.
    • He won't eat peppers because they are not good enough for you vegetables.
    • He sticks to avacado ice cream
  • He works endlessly on stretching and pliability
  • His trainer is absolutely ahead of everyone else while following the rules.

Brees does none of this and he played until he was 42 years and 2 days old.

Also, it is fact that Peyton Manning had HGH shipped to his house.

• He was still shot at age 39

Barry Bonds did not play until age 42 because of drugs. Baseball players have played into their 40s for a long time. He got his power from drugs.

• The Hammer played until 42 in 1976.
  • The Man played until he was 42 in 1963
  • The Babe played until 40 in 1935 and he ran on hot dogs, whiskey, and beer.
    • baseball players have cool nicknames

Brees and Manning struggled to play beyond 40 because of arm strength issues.  Not every QB will have arm strength problems.  Favre didn’t, and probably still has a cannon now, and will into his sixties.  

Brees and and Manning both had serious injuries that directly affected their throwing arm.  Brees literally destroyed his throwing shoulder.  He’s been dealing with arm strength problems all the way back to 2015 at least if not sooner.  2011 or 2012 was really the last year you could say for sure Brees had a consistently strong arm from game to game.  

Manning and Brees both had to learn how to throw again, and no doubt the injuries shaved some years off their arm strength.

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, Jlowe22 said:

Brees and Manning struggled to play beyond 40 because of arm strength issues.  Not every QB will have arm strength problems.  Favre didn’t, and probably still has a cannon now, and will into his sixties.  

Brees and and Manning both had serious injuries that directly affected their throwing arm.  Brees literally destroyed his throwing shoulder.  He’s been dealing with arm strength problems all the way back to 2015 at least if not sooner.  2011 or 2012 was really the last year you could say for sure Brees had a consistently strong arm from game to game.  

Manning and Brees both had to learn how to throw again, and no doubt the injuries shaved some years off their arm strength.

In almost all situations you can point to injuries. Manning had his devastating neck injury and then a quad injury ended up setting back all the progress and he was never the same again. Farve was fine until the Saints beat the every loving **** out of him and then he was done because he couldn't recover fast enough at his age. Brees had injury issues that forced him to miss significant time the last two years and 2019 when he came back he clearly had been in decline and that carried into next year and the rib issue exasperated it this season. 

23 minutes ago, lancerman said:

In almost all situations you can point to injuries. Manning had his devastating neck injury and then a quad injury ended up setting back all the progress and he was never the same again. Farve was fine until the Saints beat the every loving **** out of him and then he was done because he couldn't recover fast enough at his age. Brees had injury issues that forced him to miss significant time the last two years and 2019 when he came back he clearly had been in decline and that carried into next year and the rib issue exasperated it this season. 

The later injuries were the final nail in the coffin, but Brees missed time for a “mysterious” shoulder injury in 2015, and that same injury has cropped up repeatedly ever since.  In 2016, they started reporting Brees taking more veteran and recovery days off during the week.  Then, late in 2016 they changed their offensive play calling some, got rid of Cooks at the end of the year and completely changed the way they played ever since.  Thanks to personnel on one hand, but also Brees arm strength limitations on the other.

Some people point to arm strength sides in 2013, but everything is subjective until he actually missed time in 2015.

9 hours ago, BayRaider said:

Brady’s work ethic and nutrition is unmatched. 

I haven’t read your previous posts, are you suggesting Brady is on PED’s? His flabby, unmuscular body, that looks worse than a dad-bod, is on PED’s?

Brady is one of the few players I’d be willing to bet has never taken PED’s in his Pro Career. College maybe, feel like everyone probably tries it once or twice when they are a kid. 

I know you’re probably joking, but if you run even one cycle, you’re no longer a natural.

6 hours ago, BigTrav said:

Should have scored more then. 

We lost a game (the MF AFC CG) to you because of this 'roughing' call;

Screen_Shot_2019_01_20_at_6.20.48_PM__2_

But perhaps we should have scored more points in the first half so this call didn't matter. 

Ifs buts and maybes. Your puny team can't beat KC anymore.

I’m not a Patriots fan, but I live in reality. I appreciate Brady like Gretzky or Jordan. I wanted the Pats to win during Deflategate BS, but they are not my team.  It is fun to see the tears, I will admit.

You lost that AFCCG because Dee Ford is a moron. No one denies it.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SkippyX said:

I’m not a Patriots fan, but I live in reality. I appreciate Brady like Gretzky or Jordan. I wanted the Pats to win during Deflategate BS, but they are not my team.  It is fun to see the tears, I will admit.

You lost that AFCCG because Dee Ford is a moron. No one denies it.

Whatever the reason, my point was to counter the Pats fan whinging because of a no-call. I'm not making excuses, they should have scored more points. As should we have in the AFC CG (as I said in the post you quoted)

4 hours ago, BigTrav said:

Sorry that you can't take reality.

I can word it another way if you like. How will the Patriots beat this KC team again in the next few years?

By playing really well and KC not playing up to their potential.....it happens quite a bit every season. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, BigTrav said:

Whatever the reason, my point was to counter the Pats fan whinging because of a no-call. I'm not making excuses, they should have scored more points. As should we have in the AFC CG (as I said in the post you quoted)

I wasn’t whinging, I was making the  point that Spagnuolo didn’t limit the Pats offense, even in 2019 when the skill positions were terrible, as much as the score line suggested.

Edited by ChazStandard

12 minutes ago, ChazStandard said:

I wasn’t whinging, I was making the  point that Spagnuolo didn’t limit the Pats defense, even in 2019 when the skill positions were terrible, as much as the score line suggested.

If someone is claiming that a guy who is 2-6 lifetime against Brady OWNS HIM then you show a helmet catch and a clearly in-bounds WR called out of bounds as evidence that he did not even legit win those 2 games by DOMINANCE then you have made your point.

Chiefs fans can cry about the 2005 Super Bowl in Seahawks solidarity too if it makes them feel better. Spags is still nothing compared to Brady.

Edited by SkippyX

5 hours ago, BigTrav said:

a822b6afa0e792f18c395e311cbb9a7160abc8bc

20 hours ago, Starless said:

Or maybe he's just so fanatically obsessed with keeping healthy that he maintains a psychotic wellness regimen that others wouldn't because they have interests outside football? 🤷‍♂️ Plus he's been incredibly fortunate not to have suffered any significant injuries that would affect his long-term ability to play QB the way guys like Brees and Manning did.

It's really funny to me that people make these insinuations about Brady for playing QB at a high level into his 40s but never did about, say, Tony Gonzalez, who was a Pro-Bowl TE at 37, or Darrell Green, who was playing CB at a high level (and running a 4.3 40) at 39. Both are much more physically demanding positions than QB.

Didn't he get a torn up knee against the Chiefs a number of years ago?....