The Tom Brady Thread

BayRaider

1 hour ago, lancerman said:

Listen I am Brady over Manning all day..... but he changed his game in Denver to compensate for his neck injury. He adjusted and still put up numbers outside 

Yea, that was essentially my point.  Manning adapted his game like he had to and put up elite production.  Didn't need a rocket arm simply from being outdoors, which is what was said.  

Prime Brees arm weaker than prime Manning arm.  Denver Manning arm weaker than prime Brees arm. Current Brees arm weaker than Prime Brees arm  .Zombie Manning arm weaker than current Brees arm. 

4 hours ago, Kip Smithers said:

Can we at least wait till like after thanksgiving before we make any sweeping generalisations either side? Good gosh. 

Definitely. Actually I think we should shut down this site for another month. No football analysis or opinions should be allowed until after Thanksgiving.

Edited by childofpudding
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Jlowe22 said:

Yea, that was essentially my point.  Manning adapted his game like he had to and put up elite production.  Didn't need a rocket arm simply from being outdoors, which is what was said.  

Prime Brees arm weaker than prime Manning arm.  Denver Manning arm weaker than prime Brees arm. Current Brees arm weaker than Prime Brees arm  .Zombie Manning arm weaker than current Brees arm. 

That's a lot of arms

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Kip Smithers said:

Can we at least wait till like after thanksgiving before we make any sweeping generalisations either side? Good gosh. 

Yeah, 6 Super Bowls and 600 touchdown passes but let’s give it another month before we decide if the guy is trash or not 

• Like 7

3 hours ago, mission27 said:

Yeah, 6 Super Bowls and 600 touchdown passes but let’s give it another month before we decide if the guy is trash or not 

I think back to Bret Favre in his final year, or Peyton Manning. Some serious degrading to their games. 

Brady is older than both of them and he keeps on ticking like a swiss watch. He's the king of longevity. 

I see these young guns come into the league now, like Mahomes, and they're great. But man, has the bar been set high.

20+ years of 0.767 ball. Good luck keeping up with that!

• Like 3

2 hours ago, CP3MVP said:

You don’t really appreciate ball placement for a QB until you have one who sucks at it. It’s not just raw completion percentage 

Was always his strongest physical attribute, for me. Accuracy. Some of those Edelman and Dola hook-ups....in stride, perfect placement.