The Tom Brady Thread

BayRaider

3 hours ago, thebestever6 said:

Such a poor take Brady had his choice to go to any stacked team. Patriots had to home a washed up cam newton and a watered down college offense could carry them. We all new they were gonna go threw a rebuild.

This exact team was 7-9 last year. Virtually the same defense MINUS Vita Vea. Evans and Godwin out of the lineup. Everyone thought Gronk was washed he’s just turning on. Howard out for the season. Fournette really hasn’t played meaningful time. Let’s be real, Brady just made Scotty Miller a household name for NFL fans. 

Brady dragged virtually this same Pats team to 12-4 last year. 

He’s the difference maker 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, thebestever6 said:

Dude they're running a completely different offense with Newton like common and Brady I thought was poor last season with the talent around him don't see it being better this year had he stayed even with the covid opt outs.

He left at the perfect time. That being said the Patriots are getting overly criticized by your narrative.

They went from a 25 million per year qb to a running qb who is past his experation date making 7 mill per year

Do you understand the reason they are running a new offense is because Brady is a significantly better passer than Newton and Newton’s asset is his running ability? It’s completely induced by who the QB is 

27 minutes ago, lancerman said:

Do you understand the reason they are running a new offense is because Brady is a significantly better passer than Newton and Newton’s asset is his running ability? It’s completely induced by who the QB is 

Yes I do? Does this still make Can and that offense a good option?

31 minutes ago, lancerman said:

Winston was still better than Tim Tebow when the Broncos carried him to the playoffs and Peyton Manning thought “hmmmm I think I’ll go there”

Broncos carried him to the playoffs they were like 1-5 when Tebow replaced Orton he made a couple of big plays in the 4th quarter. 

8-8 at that record you're not carried anywhere.

I can admit it was a fairly assembled team I don't use previous years record to dictate that idk how that's relivent.

36 minutes ago, lancerman said:

This exact team was 7-9 last year. Virtually the same defense MINUS Vita Vea. Evans and Godwin out of the lineup. Everyone thought Gronk was washed he’s just turning on. Howard out for the season. Fournette really hasn’t played meaningful time. Let’s be real, Brady just made Scotty Miller a household name for NFL fans. 

Brady dragged virtually this same Pats team to 12-4 last year. 

He’s the difference maker 

Winston had 30- 33 interceptions and I don't even know how many fumbles. That's a big difference of course tom brady can help that and the win column

Dragged that's cute lmao for the first 10 games all I remember hearing was how their defense was worth a second round pick in fantasy.

Wow I can't be objective with Brady lovers in out

14 minutes ago, thebestever6 said:

Yes I do? Does this still make Can and that offense a good option?

The point is if Brady was on that team it’s still the same one he got to 12-4. So yes you can chalk that up to Brady and the type of offense he enabled 

11 minutes ago, thebestever6 said:

Broncos carried him to the playoffs they were like 1-5 when Tebow replaced Orton he made a couple of big plays in the 4th quarter. 

8-8 at that record you're not carried anywhere.

I can admit it was a fairly assembled team I don't use previous years record to dictate that idk how that's relivent.

In yet they still made the playoffs, while it’s doubtful the Pats will without Brady and the Bucs didn’t without Brady. 

P

8 minutes ago, thebestever6 said:

Winston had 30- 33 interceptions and I don't even know how many fumbles. That's a big difference of course tom brady can help that and the win column

Dragged that's cute lmao for the first 10 games all I remember hearing was how their defense was worth a second round pick in fantasy.

Wow I can't be objective with Brady lovers in out

Winston was not as bad as Tebow. Yes he had a turnover problem. He also threw for 5000 yards, 33 TD’s, and had a decent 60% passer rating. So he contributed a ton of production. He also led the league in attempts and yards. So his team was basically leaning on him. So yes there was a huge turnover downside but Brady is improving in both production and efficiency and it is leading to a huge swing. He is also managing games much better 

You can’t claim objectivity when your posts are just rife with excuses for the fact that Brady left a playoff team to go to a non playoff team and now his former team is losing and his current team is likely the favorite to win the NFC. That’s just what it is. 

Especially when both Evans, Fournette and Godwin have missed games, Hooper is on IR, Gronk has only been relevant for two weeks, and the big revelation on the team is how Scotty Miller has been elevated. 

It’s just excuses, they weren’t winning before. 

1 minute ago, lancerman said:

The point is if Brady was on that team it’s still the same one he got to 12-4. So yes you can chalk that up to Brady and the type of offense he enabled 

In yet they still made the playoffs, while it’s doubtful the Pats will without Brady and the Bucs didn’t without Brady. 

P

Winston was not as bad as Tebow. Yes he had a turnover problem. He also threw for 5000 yards, 33 TD’s, and had a decent 60% passer rating. So he contributed a ton of production. He also led the league in attempts and yards. So his team was basically leaning on him. So yes there was a huge turnover downside but Brady is improving in both production and efficiency and it is leading to a huge swing. He is also managing games much better 

You can’t claim objectivity when your posts are just rife with excuses for the fact that Brady left a playoff team to go to a non playoff team and now his former team is losing and his current team is likely the favorite to win the NFC. That’s just what it is. 

Especially when both Evans, Fournette and Godwin have missed games, Hooper is on IR, Gronk has only been relevant for two weeks, and the big revelation on the team is how Scotty Miller has been elevated. 

It’s just excuses, they weren’t winning before. 

Brady is perfect man Bellicheck wouldn't be employed without him man you're totally right.

Cam Newton is amazing man I'm shocked he can't sniff Tom's Jock Strap.

1 hour ago, lancerman said:

I mean, really? They were a defensive team last year with a soft schedule that then lost a number of key starters on defense during the off-season and added next to nothing.

1 minute ago, CKSteeler said:

I mean, really? They were a defensive team last year with a soft schedule that then lost a number of key starters on defense during the off-season and added next to nothing.

Yeah, 12-4 might be a stretch, given how much tougher this year's schedule is. I'd still pencil them in at 10-6, though. 

21 minutes ago, Starless said:

I'm REALLY curious how this guy continues to put Elway on such a pedestal when he was so average for so much of his career (and downright bad in the early 90s).

Oh, that's right: Elway's defense carried the team in the 80's. The defense that allowed 39, 42, and 55 points in three SB's. The defense that almost blew a 28-10 lead in the 1987 AFC Title Game. Yeah, they were great.