The Tom Brady Thread

BayRaider

11 minutes ago, patriotsheatyan said:

He was publicly humiliated and taken apart by the only respectable team he’s played. The other teams he had good games against are picking top top this year.

First game with his new team. Mike Evans wasn't even 50%, in terms of health. Donovan Smith had an awful game. Just got bullied by anyone that lined up across from him.

Defense held Brees to less than 200 yards, held Kamara to two ypc.

Muffed a kickoff that lead to an easy Saints TD. Threw a pick six to a receiver he'd thrown maybe half a dozen balls to in the NFL. 

Understandably lost that game. Tough to beat a 13-3 team with the continuity the Saints have.

Looks a helluva lot better now.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, patriotsheatyan said:

He was publicly humiliated and taken apart by the only respectable team he’s played. The other teams he had good games against are picking top top this year.

First game on a new team in 20 years with no real off season and it was merely a mediocre game. He was better than the other QB that day 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, patriotsheatyan said:

That was his first game of the year...in a new offense....with no preseason....against a very good team.

I dont exactly know how much Brady has left at this point.   What I DO know is that, 5 years ago, if Brady was playing like he is now, you and other Patriots fans would be going off the deep end over the comment you just made.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, 43M said:

That was his first game of the year...in a new offense....with no preseason....against a very good team.

I dont exactly know how much Brady has left at this point.   What I DO know is that, 5 years ago, if Brady was playing like he is now, you and other Patriots fans would be going off the deep end over the comment you just made.

I’m a Patriots fan. Consider me off the deep end. GOAT 

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, patriotsheatyan said:

...you understand that was the first time he took the field with that new team, right? You get that, right?

• Like 1

From a physical stand point, this is uncharted territory what he is accomplishing.  He may not have quite the fastball to throw it outside the hashes on the out cuts, but he can still do it.  His deep ball is still the same.

If the Bucs can find a RB that can consistently catch the ball, his stats would look even better.  

We ve seen how it fell off the cliff for Manning and Farve at the end.  If the oline can protect him, especially the LT holding up, he is still a top 10 Qb, which really is remarkable

• Like 2

1 minute ago, ravishingone said:

We ve seen how it fell off the cliff for Manning and Farve at the end.  If the oline can protect him, especially the LT holding up, he is still a top 10 Qb, which really is remarkable

I mean I think Gregg Williams helped Farve down the cliff, and Manning had a neck injury.

Aikman said he stil had his arm in the 40s. I have seen Warren Moon throw fast balls in his 50s. 
Brady the pats were the first team to truly protect their QB, maybe Brees and the saints too. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

I mean I think Gregg Williams helped Farve down the cliff, and Manning had a neck injury.

Aikman said he stil had his arm in the 40s. I have seen Warren Moon throw fast balls in his 50s. 
Brady the pats were the first team to truly protect their QB, maybe Brees and the saints too. 

Farve had a lot of concussions before the last game in Minny.  As did Aikman during his career. Moon at age 41 threw 25 TDs and 16 picks.  After that Moon was done as a starter.   Brady throughout his career his pocket awareness has been top notch.  Now, granted the rules have changed a lot to protect QBs.  However, full respect must be given to Brady for the desire to still put the offseason work to get ready.  At this point, Brady is a unicorn and we might not see this kind of production from another QB at this age.  

• Like 3