The Tom Brady Thread

BayRaider

I am going to tamper expectations a bit on Tom though. I do expect another bad week (a la Chicago) and the narrative will shift once again. He can't keep churning out weeks like the previous one (can he...?). I don't think he'll be in the MVP conversation by Week 16. I am seriously impressed with what he's doing though, and it just highlights how much he was trying to make chicken salad out of chicken sh here.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, iknowcool said:

Bruh what are yall talking about

Bucs being extremely talented & Brady being great can both be true. 

Where have I tried to take away from what Brady accomplished?  What did Belichick have to do with anything I said?  

This is such a ridiculous debate.  Bucs are quite clearly an extremely talented team and yes Brady is included in that.  Ya’ll just seem obsessed with taking that as a slight towards Brady. I literally couldn’t care less where he’s ranked all-time.

Going to stick up for you here. You're not a Brady-hater, you said both that TBr is great and TBa are a good team. These are both true. 

5 hours ago, SBLIII said:

Brady going to Tampa is comparable to Peyton going to Denver. It was far from a super team but had good pieces that could come together with a great QB

Basically this. It was a team that was solid but needed a real QB unlike Winston and Tebow. The QB came and it changed culture and attracted more talent. This isn’t a team that would be world beaters with someone like Stafford or Rivers 

9 hours ago, Hunter2_1 said:

I am going to tamper expectations a bit on Tom though. I do expect another bad week (a la Chicago) and the narrative will shift once again. He can't keep churning out weeks like the previous one (can he...?). I don't think he'll be in the MVP conversation by Week 16. I am seriously impressed with what he's doing though, and it just highlights how much he was trying to make chicken salad out of chicken sh here.

Looking at their remaining schedule, I only see one defense that could seriously give him trouble, and that's the Rams. He may have an off day or two, but given that all the other MVP candidates have had 'em as well, I don't see that taking him out of the running. He's not the frontrunner, but he'll get votes if he keeps on his current pace. 

• Like 2

Not sure if anyone was doing this so I will offer it up:

Through 7 games

2019 Winston: 2 wins 5 losses 153-263 for 58.17%  with 2972 yards at 7.88 per pass with 14 TDs 12 picks for an 82.1 rating. 28 sacks 8 fumbles 3 lost

2020 Brady 5 wins 2 losses 176-268 for 65.67% with 1910 yards at 7.13 per pass with 18 TDs 4 picks for a 102.7 rating. 8 sacks 4 fumbles 1 lost

Not bad for an old guy.

15 minutes ago, SkippyX said:

Not sure if anyone was doing this so I will offer it up:

Through 7 games

2019 Winston: 2 wins 5 losses 153-263 for 58.17%  with 2972 yards at 7.88 per pass with 14 TDs 12 picks for an 82.1 rating. 28 sacks 8 fumbles 3 lost

2020 Brady 5 wins 2 losses 176-268 for 65.67% with 1910 yards at 7.13 per pass with 18 TDs 4 picks for a 102.7 rating. 8 sacks 4 fumbles 1 lost

Not bad for an old guy.

The number that sticks out the most to me is the sack number for Jameis.  28 sacks through 7 games?  No wonder he was throwing a lot of picks!   Brady doing what he is doing at the age of 43 is remarkable, even for the GOAT.  You would think father time would have caught up to him by now.

On 10/28/2020 at 2:44 PM, Starless said:

By the way, how do you explain 1990 (Broncos went 5-11 with Elway starting all 16 games)?

1. In 1989, Denver was +11 in the turnover ratio. In 1990, that ratio went from +11 to -7 (they had 32 turnovers in 89 and 90, but the turnovers forced decreased from 43 to 25).

2. The AFC was tougher. In 89, Denver was the only team with over 10 wins. In 90, the Bills, Dolphins, Raiders, and Chiefs had 11+ wins.

3. I believe that the week 4 loss to Buffalo (that started with the blocked FG return by Bennett with over 7 minutes left in the fourth) sent that team on a downward spiral. The next week, the defense blew a 29-20 fourth quarter lead on MNF to a pathetic Cleveland team. After that, they would only win three games the rest of the year. The lowlight was a six-game losing streak that caused someone to go on a billboard in Denver and stay until they won.

MJ is the Team Sports GOAT without question imo. No one comes close at the moment, definitely not LeBron (smh at people even thinking that), but if Brady can win both a MVP and a Super Bowl on the Bucs, I think they would be close, like neck and neck, but still Jordan. If Brady can win two Super Bowls on the Bucs (99% not happening), I’d say they are tied, and dare I say, even a slight advantage to Brady. 

As of right now, I’d still put Brady #2, but it’s like not close at all.

Edited by BayRaider

15 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

MJ is the Team Sports GOAT without question imo. No one comes close at the moment, definitely not LeBron (smh at people even thinking that), but if Brady can win both a MVP and a Super Bowl on the Bucs, I think they would be close, like neck and neck, but still Jordan. If Brady can win two Super Bowls on the Bucs (99% not happening), I’d say they are tied, and dare I say, even a slight advantage to Brady. 

As of right now, I’d still put Brady #2, but it’s like not close at all.

Its almost a tie already.

If Brady wins he passes Jordan no question.

FYI - They are both fighting for 3rd place behind Ruth and Gretzky.

• Ruth was the best pitcher on 2 WS Champ Red Sox teams.
  • He was the best hitter on 5 Yankees WS Champs.
  • Ruth has the 17th lowest ERA of any pitcher 
  • Ruth is #1 in WAR
  • Ruth is #1 in slugging
  • Ruth is #1 in OPS
  • He was 10th in batting average
  • He had about a 400 home run lead on anyone from his era
  • He is still #1 at home runs per at bat by 2 at bats when eliminating steroid cheats McGuire and Bonds.
  • Ruth is like if Tom Brady and Ronnie Lott were the same 2-way player.

• Gretzky has more assists than any other NHL player has points.
  • He is also #1 in goals by about 90
  • He is #1 in +/- for forwards
    • He is 4th overall but defenseman in the NHL play about 30-45% more per game 
  • People on occasion make idiotic comparisons to Bossy or Orr
    • if you only take his career up to the number of years those guys played it is no contest
  • Gretzky has the top 2 goal scoring seasons
    • He has 4 of the top 11 goal scoring seasons
    • The guy he is tied at with at number 10 is Kurri who scored so much because Gretzky fed him.
  • Gretzky has the top 7 assist seasons.
    • He also has 11 of the top 13 assist seasons
  • Gretzky has the top 4 points seasons
    • He also has 9 of the top 11 points seasons 
  • He is #1 in all 3 categories in the playoffs and leads in points by 82
  • He has the top single playoff season point mark
    • 4 of the top 5
  • No player besides Ruth has a greater talent and production gap in any of the 4 major sports.
  • Gretzky has 48.7% more points than the guy at #2 (Jagr) and Jagr played 6 more years than Gretzky
Edited by SkippyX
  • Like 1