The Tom Brady Thread

BayRaider

6 minutes ago, Bearerofnews said:

This is the best ive seen Tom play against my team since week 3 of the 2007 season. He wasn't dinking and dunking like he usually does against us.

Yea he was going deep pretty often today it was pretty cool to see Him and Herbert going back and forth with deep TDs

1 minute ago, Chargers said:

The Bucs are going to win the NFC South. If they want to go further than that their secondary has to be more consistent.

Yea the secondary took a step back and was playing like they did last year  RIP.  Hopefully they figure it out

2 hours ago, RUGmen said:

15/17 263yds 3TDs in 2nd half.

Just playing devil's advocate, but that does mean he was 15/29 for 106 yards, 2 TDs, and 1 INT in the first half. As strong as the finish was, he had a rough start today. If not for the gimme momentum swing at the end of the first half, game might have gone quite differently overall.

5 minutes ago, Jakuvious said:

Just playing devil's advocate, but that does mean he was 15/29 for 106 yards, 2 TDs, and 1 INT in the first half. As strong as the finish was, he had a rough start today. If not for the gimme momentum swing at the end of the first half, game might have gone quite differently overall.

1st half and 2nd half was just completely different game plan. once they were down two scores, arians let brady cook. 1st half was like 15 passes to RBs. *shrug*

Up until Cam got the 'rona, I was of the opinion that the divorce from Belichick was mutually beneficial. I would say Brady is holding up his end of that prediction. I think if he'd remained in New England, he would be struggling much like he did last year. 

2 minutes ago, Starless said:

Up until Cam got the 'rona, I was of the opinion that the divorce from Belichick was mutually beneficial. I would say Brady is holding up his end of that prediction. I think if he'd remained in New England, he would be struggling much like he did last year. 

I mean. BB and Brady are the GOATs. No doubt. Them playing together for 20 years was the perfect storm.

Now that they've split up, they're each still having success. Shouldn't really be a surprise.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

I mean. BB and Brady are the GOATs. No doubt. Them playing together for 20 years was the perfect storm.

Now that they've split up, they're each still having success. Shouldn't really be a surprise.

Given Brady's age and the way he finished last season, things were definitely aligned against him. If I were his confidante, I'd have advised him to retire after the 2018 season, but I guess his stubbornness is paying off. 

Edited by Starless

6 minutes ago, Starless said:

Given Brady's age and the way he finished last season, things were definitely aligned against him. If I were his confidante, I'd have advised him to retire after the 2018 season, but I guess his stubbornness is paying off. 

In his defense, who was he throwing to last year?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

In his defense, who was he throwing to last year?

Same guys as Cam, give or take. 

But Cam's extended abilities have allowed him to get more out of those guys than Brady did. 

This isn't to say that Cam is somehow a better QB. But Brady requires a certain level of polish out of his targets in order to be successful, and he gets frustrated when they don't play up to that standard. Cam is willing to take more risks with the ball and improvise more. It doesn't always work out for him, but it also means he can make plays in situations where Brady would be throwing the ball away. 
The 50-yarder Cam completed to Edelman against the Seahawks is a perfect example of a play that Brady usually wouldn't attempt because he's a much more cautious QB. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bearerofnews said:

This is the best ive seen Tom play against my team since week 3 of the 2007 season. He wasn't dinking and dunking like he usually does against us.

Arians dink and dunk? Lolll. Like the most anti dink and dunk coach. He wouldn’t of signed Brady unless he saw on tape that Bradys arm is still strong. 

I remember him saying they studied seven free agent QBs pretty intensively and Brady was far and away the best choice. Bridgewater was their #2 and a return to Winston was #3. Arians usually says way more information than he should. 

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, Starless said:

Don’t mean any disrespect, but you guys had the worst RB/WR/TE unit in the league in my personal opinion. And I’d also say the OL took a step back. It wasn’t bad, but a pretty average unit. 

• Like 1

Brees entered the season 6 TDs ahead of Brady for #1 overall. Brady is now only 3 TDs behind him.

If Brady was a New England system guy then someone forgot to tell him and his 11 TDs to 4 picks at age 43 on a 3-1 team averaging 29.3 points per game.

• This is with his WRs in a blender.

Brees was an 84.9 rated QB in 5 years as a Charger without a playoff win. If one of them has to be a 'system guy' I know who I am picking.

• Neither are, but Brady haters are complete morons.
  • Like 2

21 minutes ago, Starless said:

But Cam's extended abilities have allowed him to get more out of those guys than Brady did. 

This isn't to say that Cam is somehow a better QB. But Brady requires a certain level of polish out of his targets in order to be successful, and he gets frustrated when they don't play up to that standard. Cam is willing to take more risks with the ball and improvise more. It doesn't always work out for him, but it also means he can make plays in situations where Brady would be throwing the ball away. 
The 50-yarder Cam completed to Edelman against the Seahawks is a perfect example of a play that Brady usually wouldn't attempt because he's a much more cautious QB. 

Outside the Seattle game, the Pats passing attack has not been dynamic.  I like Cam, but Cam can make plays with his running ability when his receivers are not open.  He isn t throwing average WRs open.  I hope Cam can come back from Covid quickly, but I do wonder how long a 31 yr old Qb can last with his injury history with his running workload.  I expect the Pats to keep using him the same way because Cam has only completed over 65% of his passes once in his career.  

Kudos to the Pats knowing how to devise a game plan to maximize the strength of their Qbs.  If Cam comes back within 2 weeks and can go the rest of the way, I expect the Pats to be in the playoffs.

28 minutes ago, Starless said:

Tbf to Brady... Harry was a rookie that missed that missed half the year, Edelman was needing surgery for most of the year, and we added different people like Byrd who Cam has taken a liking to. Brady also had Newhouse starting for part of the season who might have been the worst lineman in the league.

Although in principle, I agree. This was a mutually beneficial split. For what we have,  a QB who provides a running threat takes more burden off our receivers and amps up a run game that needed an extra spark 

• Like 1