The Tom Brady Thread

BayRaider

Also worth mentioning that QBs threw the ball a lot less back then. Without having the numbers in front of me, I think it’s pretty safe to say that generally less pass attempts = less hits taken, on average. 

There’s no doubt that the league did away with a bunch of dangerous play, but guys make it sound like every down of the 80s-90s NFL was like the first kick return in The Longest Yard. While also ignoring the size/speed differences in most players in the front. Stuff’s relevant. 

17 hours ago, NJerseypaint said:

Yeah well there's more than 1 game, that's just the best example. I'm not saying it's not easier now, but it's not always a cake walk. 

90s wasn't as bad as people like to romanticise. I think the most notable difference was you could lay one on the QB a bit late. I don't think they took more hits though, because they ran the ball a lot more. On average I bet it's similar.

Edited by Hunter2_1

21 minutes ago, Asciimo said:

that game was 90% on the coaches

Kind of a cop out to put "90%" on the coaches, pretty dang high figure. I think you are still taking last week into account. Brady made some gorgeous throws today, some great decisions, and 4 TD's no picks.

I thought he moved around in the pocket very well. He missed a couple of deep balls. Two notable were to Brown which he may have ran wrong route and then another where he evaded the rush and missed Gronk. Funny thing is, Brady may not have played well to others standards yet still puts up over 300+ and 4TDs and zero TOs.

I’m still not sure why Leftwich is not calling more quick slants. That’s Brady’s bread and butter and with this receiver core they could do it all day.

12 hours ago, Hunter2_1 said:

Saints own Tampa Bay, they own Arians as well.

Is TB back to MVP now according to the media? Washed up to MVP on a weekly basis.

Expunge the media for every category, sports, politics, everything, it's just gross. It's just a major opinion fest that flops a complete 360 weekly due to performance. Disgusting.

• Like 2

Surprised this has not been bumped yet.

Terrible game last night from Brady. Scheme is also the problem. Enough with the vertical crap if it’s clearly not working.

IIRC, wasn’t Brady #1 in the league in air yards and passes over 20+ from Week 1-8? Not sure what has happened. Is the OL? Father Time?

2 hours ago, RUGmen said:

Surprised this has not been bumped yet.

Terrible game last night from Brady. Scheme is also the problem. Enough with the vertical crap if it’s clearly not working.

IIRC, wasn’t Brady #1 in the league in air yards and passes over 20+ from Week 1-8? Not sure what has happened. Is the OL? Father Time?

A mix of good, disguised coverage, frustration/poor decision making, miscommunications, and Marpet's concussion. I think the ability is still there but the game plan and decision-making about when and how to go deep is poor. Hopefully easier to correct than a failing arm. 

We can revisit the question on Sunday evening. 

Edit to add that a couple last night were so off target that either he was just slinging it because he was fed up or his ball placement consistency had dropped. Something to keep an eye on. It could be to do with the pressure in his face.

Edited by scottishpatriot
Adding a thought
  • Like 1