The Tom Brady Thread

BayRaider

3 minutes ago, Saint_James said:

So has Tom Brady for about the past 5 seasons...

😄

So in your eyes Brady was considered a manager when he won an MVP?

😄

What about when he threw for 500 yards, 3 TDs, no INT's along with a 115.4 rating in the Superbowl?

Game manager!

You cannot make this stuff up

Edited by ILoveTheVikings
  • Like 2

Just now, ILoveTheVikings said:

😄

So in your eyes Brady was considered a manager when he won an MVP?

😄

What about when he threw for 500 yards, 3 TDs, no INT's along with a 115.4 rating in the Superbowl?

I love how you claim you want a "balanced" discussion.

So typical.   I don't mind people being Brady fanbois, but just be honest about your motives.   I have provided exactly what you claimed to have wanted, then you just brush it off and then resort to nonsense like this? 

What even is your position here on this guy?   You say he's 43 now and offer that as an excuse, then whenever someone else doesn't praise him, throw his past deeds up in my face.   Can you see how that seems a bit defensive and irrational?

Back to Cassel, the point was Bill plugged another QB into that system and had a solid record.   You KNOW that's the point, you just don't like the point because it goes against your narrative that Tom Brady was singularly responsible for all of the Patriots success.   Then you get away with saying "Well that team was loaded..."   HUH!!? 

Talk about moving the goalposts.   So was it Tom Brady or "the team" ???

1 hour ago, Saint_James said:

I love how you claim you want a "balanced" discussion.

So typical.   I don't mind people being Brady fanbois, but just be honest about your motives.   I have provided exactly what you claimed to have wanted, then you just brush it off and then resort to nonsense like this? 

What even is your position here on this guy?   You say he's 43 now and offer that as an excuse, then whenever someone else doesn't praise him, throw his past deeds up in my face.   Can you see how that seems a bit defensive and irrational?

Back to Cassel, the point was Bill plugged another QB into that system and had a solid record.   You KNOW that's the point, you just don't like the point because it goes against your narrative that Tom Brady was singularly responsible for all of the Patriots success.   Then you get away with saying "Well that team was loaded..."   HUH!!? 

Talk about moving the goalposts.   So was it Tom Brady or "the team" ???

Pats went 11-5 and Cassel threw for 21/11 and that is with a stacked roster that went 16-0 the year prior. The Pats didn’t go 16-0 only because their QB had one of the best seasons ever. They were all around dominant on both sides of the ball. I don’t think anyone would say it was ONlY Tom Brady.

If you plugged in the same Cassel into say 2010 Pats or 2019 what do you think would happen?

• Like 1

Just now, RUGmen said:

Pats went 11-5 and Cassel threw for 21/11 and that is with a stacked roster that went 16-0 the year prior. The Pats didn’t go 16-0 only because their QB had one of the best seasons ever. They were all around dominant on both sides of the ball. I don’t think anyone would say it was ONlY Tom Brady.

If you plugged in the same Cassel into say 2010 Pats or 2019 what do you think would happen?

Don't forget they also had the league's easiest schedule that year and completely changed the balance of their offense. 

20 hours ago, Saint_James said:

Back to Cassel, the point was Bill plugged another QB into that system and had a solid record.  

Yeah because it was a 16-0 roster with the NFL's easiest schedule, plus we still didn't make the playoffs. To go from 16-0 to 11 wins doesn't sound too bad, but what about going from 9-7 to 4-12? Same differential....it was a failure of a season 

Log off, put away those warrior fingers, you don't know what you're talking about.

Edited by Hunter2_1

Funny how much better the offense looked in the 2nd half. Seems to be a reoccurring theme of Leftwich calling most plays in the first and then in the second it’s Brady’s NE show.

Hopefully they come out of the bye and take the NE offensive identity and run with it. 

• Like 1

On 11/28/2020 at 1:48 PM, Saint_James said:

So has Tom Brady for about the past 5 seasons...

I mean if you call leading the league in TD's, then being 3rd in MVP voting and carrying your team in a shootout in the SB, and then being one of the top QB's of year again being a game manager... sure