The Tom Brady Thread

BayRaider

5 minutes ago, Chiefer said:

Just smells like incompetence, how about just creating a game plan to win the game? Work with what you’ve got, and create a team around that.

Petty squabbles and power plays, There’s a reason Arians QBs always hit career interception totals.

I didn't see anyone complaining about Arians game-plan when he was putting a clown suit on Green Bay and Las Vegas or dunking all over Carolina twice. 

They should have beat the Rams and Chiefs.   The reason Tom Brady is throwing so many picks is because he's making really bad decisions and has suddenly forgot that you CAN throw balls away when you're under pressure.    Or does he need Bellicheck in his ear to remind him to "Do your job" every week? 

The guy has every weapon he wanted and everything a quarterback could dream of in the modern NFL.  Tired of the excuses, I don't want to hear it.   Interceptions are always the quarterbacks fault.  Always.   That was perfectly understood by everyone until their personal god, Tom Brady, went to Tampa Bay and started stinking up the place. 

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, Saint_James said:

I didn't see anyone complaining about Arians game-plan when he was putting a clown suit on Green Bay and Las Vegas or dunking all over Carolina twice. 

They should have beat the Rams and Chiefs.   The reason Tom Brady is throwing so many picks is because he's making really bad decisions and has suddenly forgot that you CAN throw balls away when you're under pressure.    Or does he need Bellicheck in his ear to remind him to "Do your job" every week? 

The guy has every weapon he wanted and everything a quarterback could dream of in the modern NFL.  Tired of the excuses, I don't want to hear it.   Interceptions are always the quarterbacks fault.  Always.   That was perfectly understood by everyone until their personal god, Tom Brady, went to Tampa Bay and started stinking up the place. 

They lost to the Chiefs because they allowed Tyreek Hill to go for almost 300 yards lol.

lets not get it twisted, putting him in single coverage against anybody isn’t a great idea. But doing it with Carlton Davis? Like how was Arians okay with that? I know he’s an offensive coach but it seems that he knew that’s what was going on going into the game. 

So you really think it’s a coincidence that Arians QBs seem to throw record numbers of interceptions?

17 minutes ago, Chiefer said:

They lost to the Chiefs because they allowed Tyreek Hill to go for almost 300 yards lol.

lets not get it twisted, putting him in single coverage against anybody isn’t a great idea. But doing it with Carlton Davis? Like how was Arians okay with that? I know he’s an offensive coach but it seems that he knew that’s what was going on going into the game. 

So you really think it’s a coincidence that Arians QBs seem to throw record numbers of interceptions?

See what you guys do?   It's not like being blown out early by the Chiefs is exactly rare in the NFL, but Ariens gets zero credit for the amazing half time adjustment that gave them a real shot at winning that game?  Really?  If Brady makes better decisions they tie that game with a field goal, or very easily take the lead and win. 

Ariens gets NONE of the credit when Tampa Bay blows teams out left and right, it's only when they lose that his coaching is the problem.  And it's NEVER EVER Tom Brady's fault for any of it.

Come on with that, it's a joke. 

As far as the interceptions go?  Well funny but all we heard from national media last year was that Winston was a horrible quarterback for throwing picks.  Now that Tom Brady is doing it, it MUST be an issue with Bruce Arian's offensive scheme.   Isn't that wonderfully consistent??? 

Edited by Saint_James
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, BayRaider said:

It’s not that Tampas D is bad, they are actually a Top 3 Defense according to DVOA, however they keep playing man to man coverage with no safety help against these strong armed QBs. Any bucs fan wanna explain that? No other team does that. 

For what it's worth, they typically had safety help, the safety help was just really easily manipulated by Mahomes just looking left until he decided to throw right. They were in Cover 1 most of that early game, the single high safety was just trying to read Mahomes eyes, which is not going to work.

Eventually they switched to the double Kelce, double Hill, plan, but that almost got them burned for another like 80 yard TD, if either Mahomes was a little more accurate on the pass, or if Hardman could've caught a slightly off-target ball.

8 minutes ago, Jakuvious said:

For what it's worth, they typically had safety help, the safety help was just really easily manipulated by Mahomes just looking left until he decided to throw right. They were in Cover 1 most of that early game, the single high safety was just trying to read Mahomes eyes, which is not going to work.

Eventually they switched to the double Kelce, double Hill, plan, but that almost got them burned for another like 80 yard TD, if either Mahomes was a little more accurate on the pass, or if Hardman could've caught a slightly off-target ball.

Nobody in their right mind should be playing Cover 1 against the Chiefs is my point though. If you are gonna play man (which should only be sprinkled in against the Chiefs) then you should be playing 2 Man Under with 2 deep safeties.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Nobody in their right mind should be playing Cover 1 against the Chiefs is my point though. If you are gonna play man (which should only be sprinkled in against the Chiefs) then you should be playing 2 Man Under with 2 deep safeties.

I think anyone holding the Chiefs below their PPG average should feel like they did a pretty good job on defense.   Brady just choked. 

6 minutes ago, Saint_James said:

I think anyone holding the Chiefs below their PPG average should feel like they did a pretty good job on defense.   Brady just choked. 

Brady choked? Is that why Hill broke the fantasy WR point record? Lmao.

Edited by BayRaider

10 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Brady choked? Is that why Hill broke the fantasy WR point record? Lmao.

Two things can be true at once:   Hill had an amazing game, and the ball was in Tom Brady's hands multiple times in the 4'th with a chance to take the lead and blew it.  You can't throw two second-half picks against the Chiefs and expect to win the game.  Come on, you know that! 

2 hours ago, Saint_James said:

this dude is just a well known brady/tampa hating troll. no one take the bait. also, brees is probably outside lookin in in top 10 all time lists.

12 hours ago, Asciimo said:

this dude is just a well known brady/tampa hating troll. no one take the bait. also, brees is probably outside lookin in in top 10 all time lists.

Not a troll.  You however, with your constant mentions of Brees, are clearly attempting to troll.  I'm not sure what your issue with me is, but you don't even attempt to discuss.   You take personal offense whenever someone doesn't bow to Tampa Bay and Tom Brady or something.    You embarrass yourself, grow up. 

Apparently the only reason Brady wasn't throwing stupid interceptions every single game on the Pats was because Belichick had to tell him not to? It seems like there's a growing movement to try and absolve the guy of any blame right now that actually casts his entire career in a pretty negative light. 

• Like 1