The Tom Brady Thread

BayRaider

6 hours ago, BayRaider said:

Wasn’t aware. But their secondary was still allowing the least amount of points going into this game. 

Derwin James on IR, Chris Harris on IR. This was the first real game without Chris Harris. Also when it comes to coverage Drue Tranquill is also on IR.

On top of that the Chargers had a gimpy Joey Bosa and Melvin Ingram on IR. They really couldn't bring any outside pressure. The only pressure they really, kinda brought was up the middle with Tillery and the very rare blitz. And at no point was it consistent.

4 hours ago, Starless said:

Same guys as Cam, give or take. 

But Cam's extended abilities have allowed him to get more out of those guys than Brady did. 

This isn't to say that Cam is somehow a better QB. But Brady requires a certain level of polish out of his targets in order to be successful, and he gets frustrated when they don't play up to that standard. Cam is willing to take more risks with the ball and improvise more. It doesn't always work out for him, but it also means he can make plays in situations where Brady would be throwing the ball away. 
The 50-yarder Cam completed to Edelman against the Seahawks is a perfect example of a play that Brady usually wouldn't attempt because he's a much more cautious QB. 

And exactly what is Cam doing better than Brady other than in the run game? The one game against the college secondary that is the seahawks where Cam went 395+y and 1TD/1Int thus Harry and Byrd had somewhat good numbers? Seahawks gave 450+ damn yards to Matt Ryan,  470+ yards to Dak and now 310+ yards to freaking Fitzmagic. And thats definitively not a shot at Cam. I love him. There's no one else I would rather have among side the ones the were available, I just hope he's able to finish the season and I liked the approach against the raiders much better. 

The talent at the receivers is so scarce that I'd bet not even Aaron Rodgers could do something worth of praise with the talent the GOAT Bill assembled on O. Btw, Bill wasted two more picks on Tight Ends this year. 

7 minutes ago, LaFellSBXLIXMVP said:

And exactly what is Cam doing better than Brady other than in the run game?

Idk the run game seems pretty important. 

Also Cam's completion %, Y/A and ANY/A are both considerably better than Brady's were. Granted, the sample size is a lot smaller, but it's not insignificant at this point. 

Again, I'm not saying Cam is a better QB. I'm just saying that he's better suited to mitigate the deficiencies in the arsenal he has right now. 

Edited by Starless

Yeh, on the run game we agree but you extended your commentary to indicate you believed he was doing much better with the crappy receivers. In fact, I sensed, I may be wrong, that you believed that he was gonna transform them because he isn't as demanding as Tom Brady and wouldn't get frustrated with bad play by his receivers as Brady does. That I wholeheartedly disagree.  The receiving core is bottom 10 in the league and the only one that can realistically get much better is Harris, but Brady had him in his rookie year after being on IR list most of the season. If he's really good then he'd shine with Brady as well. Cam being more "understandable" may help him accelerate his maturing process but that's it.  Or not. He may be satisfied with mediocre play. There are two sides to every coin.

PS. The stats are mostly a product of the Seattle Game. Early in the season last year against bad teams brady was doing much better too.

Edited by LaFellSBXLIXMVP

1 minute ago, BayRaider said:

Max Kellermen in the morning will have a seven minute segment where he talks about Brady’s pick six for six minutes and the overall game for 30 seconds. You’d think Kellermen is a CNN anchor with the way he spins things to support a narrative. 

That's their role, it has to be. They must be instructed not to talk sense, but to say things that stir people up and drive visitors.

Max is told to be the spoilt rich brat with horrific takes and double down thinking he's right

Steve A is told to bring up race at every opportunity

Molly...well...maybe she's just born the most annoying person on Earth.

Horrific show.

14 hours ago, BayRaider said:

Props to Tom. He looks just like 2017 Brady which many on the board predicted. I know the forum was pretty split on him declining. However, many of us said watch his tape from 2019 and don’t box score scout. Same arm from the 2016/2017 seasons, just by far one of the worst offensive casts in the league. Same arm from 2012? No. Same arm from 2016-2017? Yes. 

Brady looked like hot garbage in Week 1, but let’s be real here... first game on a new team in 20 years, no pre season, and limited corona off season. 

Gets better every week:

Week 2 - Good game

Week 3 - Amazing game

Week 4 - MVP Level game against arguably the Top Secondary in the League coming into the game

It's the weapons. Always has been. When you don't have an OL, no threats on the outside and no tight ends you can't score. Nobody can. Put Mahomes on the 2019 Patriots and he would have struggled.

The other thing is, Brady was mentally checked out at NE because he could see Belichicks incompetence as a GM first hand how he couldn't sign Adam Humphries, could not draft a decent wide receiver to save his life etc.Belichick screwed that part up because NE wins the SB in 2019 with better weapons and is a serious threat in 2020.

Brady's arm is not gone, it's not as good as it has been when Randy Moss was in NE or even Wes Welker but there is little difference to his arm strength compared to 3 or 4 years ago. He is making one more stupid mistake each game than a couple years ago but that's really the only difference.

He is not the best quarterback in football anymore, he probably isn't even elite anymore. But he is close. Probably a top 7 QB still. And with the weapons he has, despite the injury concerns right now, he will put up numbers. It seems like the TB offense is just warming up now. If the defense steps up, they are the favorite in the NFC.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, LaFellSBXLIXMVP said:

And exactly what is Cam doing better than Brady other than in the run game? The one game against the college secondary that is the seahawks where Cam went 395+y and 1TD/1Int thus Harry and Byrd had somewhat good numbers? Seahawks gave 450+ damn yards to Matt Ryan,  470+ yards to Dak and now 310+ yards to freaking Fitzmagic. And thats definitively not a shot at Cam. I love him. There's no one else I would rather have among side the ones the were available, I just hope he's able to finish the season and I liked the approach against the raiders much better. 

The talent at the receivers is so scarce that I'd bet not even Aaron Rodgers could do something worth of praise with the talent the GOAT Bill assembled on O. Btw, Bill wasted two more picks on Tight Ends this year. 

Belichick got by with giving Brady farmers and Lacrosse players and even then the weapons were a lot better than they are this year and were last year.

Belichick is not capable of acquiring NFL level weapons. It's a shame.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, BayRaider said:

Max Kellermen in the morning will have a seven minute segment where he talks about Brady’s pick six for six minutes and the overall game for 30 seconds. You’d think Kellermen is a CNN anchor with the way he spins things to support a narrative. 

Or fox..  

25 minutes ago, Bearerofnews said:

Or fox..  

All news channels are propaganda/fake/non-stop lies for both sides including CNN and Fox. And ESPN is like watching a news channel these days. When I turn on ESPN, I legit feel like I’m watching propaganda. 

So much better coverage on YouTube these days from independent sources. NFLN has become meh as well but they are also 10000x better than ESPN which is basically a news channel. 

• Like 1