The Tom Brady Thread

BayRaider

48 minutes ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

Does Brady make his defense and special teams better somehow? Honest question at this point... In New England it was easy to just credit BB as to why the Pats consistently had great Ds and STs that would often bail Brady out when he didn't play well (and he bailed them out just as much, if not more, of course), but now it feels like Brady took that Patriots energy with him to Tampa. Nothing went right for him in 2nd half, but TB defense suddenly tightened up into a WALL and saved the game when they needed to. 

Teams will play harder when they know they have a chance, no question about that.  I’m sure the Bucs defense phoned it in a few times after the third or fourth Jameis pick in one of the many games.

But Bucs did have a legit D last year, they just couldn’t overcome 40 Jameis turnovers.  And their offense is certainly top tier.  Really the only question I had, and anybody should have had was whether or not Brady still had enough gas left in the tank at 43.  

Just now, Jlowe22 said:

Teams will play harder when they know they have a chance, no question about that.  I’m sure the Bucs defense phoned it in a few times after the third or fourth Jameis pick in one of the many games.

But Bucs did have a legit D last year, they just couldn’t overcome 40 Jameis turnovers.  And their offense is certainly top tier.  Really the only question I had, and anybody should have had was whether or not Brady still had enough gas left in the tank at 43.  

Oh I know they already had a pretty good D in place, but like today in particular... GB is shredding them and then when Brady throws 2 potentially lead losing INTs, that D comes out and forces consecutive 3 & outs, doesn't let them in end zone for the rest of the game. As if they turned it into a different gear when it was clear the offense was not going to hang 40+.

1 minute ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

Oh I know they already had a pretty good D in place, but like today in particular... GB is shredding them and then when Brady throws 2 potentially lead losing INTs, that D comes out and forces consecutive 3 & outs, doesn't let them in end zone for the rest of the game. As if they turned it into a different gear when it was clear the offense was not going to hang 40+.

Well, one thing beneficial, those turnovers still required GB to drive a ways.  

I think the Bucs have the Packers number and know how to play them.  It was the opposite story with the Saints, difference being the Saints dropped all their picks, committed game breaking penalties, and turned the ball over who knows how many times, and they just couldn’t overcome shooting themselves in the foot so many times.  Even despite that, the game was relatively close at the end.  Had the Saints played a clean game, they would likely have won.  The Bucs didn’t play as dirty of a game against the Packers and were able to overcome the mistakes they did make.

1 hour ago, BayRaider said:

GOAT.

He had a pretty bad second half, and the defense was the MVP of this game, but he is the main reason this team is in the Super Bowl this year, and has a chance to be the second QB ever to win a Super Bowl with two different teams. And let's be honest, Peyton doesn't really count in 2015, and I'm a huge Peyton fan.

LOAT (Luckiest Of All Times)...Tom Brady has lived a charmed life....The Seahawks SB was a loss for NE, than Pete Carroll screwed up....The Atlanta SB was a loss, until Matt Ryan and co. choked it away...And the Rams SB had way more to do with Belichick's defense than what Tom Brady accomplished....Could easily be 3-6 in SB's instead of 6-3...

• Like 1

Just now, 40Year Pack Fan said:

LOAT (Luckiest Of All Times)...Tom Brady has lived a charmed life....The Seahawks SB was a loss for NE, than Pete Carroll screwed up....The Atlanta SB was a loss, until Matt Ryan and co. choked it away...And the Rams SB had way more to do with Belichick's defense than what Tom Brady accomplished....Could easily be 3-6 in SB's instead of 6-3...

Boo this man.

2 minutes ago, 40Year Pack Fan said:

He could also have 8 SB wins right now.

Even as a Giants fan, if Tyree doesn’t make a catch he wouldn’t make more than once out of 100 tries or if Welker catches the ball..

Works both ways, doesn’t it?

• Like 2

Just now, RUGmen said:

He could also have 8 SB wins right now.

Even as a Giants fan, if Tyree doesn’t make a catch he wouldn’t make more than once out of 100 tries or if Welker catches the ball..

Works both ways, doesn’t it?

Two out of the three SB's I posted had absolutely nothing to do with something Tom Brady had his hand in....Face the facts....

People really thought Brady was this terrible fit under Arians. Guy is playing in a SB in two weeks.

Antonio Brown was deemed a “distraction” for the Bucs. He’s been far from that and they want to keep him next year. So many silly takes its just satisfying see the doubt get completely removed. 1 win away to make even more history. Never had doubt when we signed the goat

Edited by indifference

1 hour ago, ifeelasleep said:

well the field position on a punt wouldve been better, and it was just an absurd low percentage throw under duress, a drive that starts at the 10 and at the 25. 
theres a chance for a catch and a catch for a int return

There's no guarantee that it'll start at the 10. In fact, if Brady takes a 10-yard sack there it'd unlikely. Anyways on your scenario a punt nets 15 yards. Did you see the catch Godwin made earlier? That was also a 'punt pass' on third down but Godwin went to the defender and stole it from him gaining 40 yards.

Btw, it was not ab "absurd low percentage throw". Evans had the defender beat deep and Brady probably had that pass on his mind pre-snap. Assigned the RB to pick up the blitz and would go to Evans but he put too much air on it to not overthrow Evans and it landed short.

Now it comes back to playcalling. It was 3rd&2 and they went deep to beat the blitz. Ain't beating KC doing that crap.

Edited by LaFellSBXLIXMVP

24 minutes ago, 40Year Pack Fan said:

Two out of the three SB's I posted had absolutely nothing to do with something Tom Brady had his hand in....Face the facts....

2/3? Brady played a huge part in both the Seahawks and Falcons Super Bowls. The MVPs were well earned. And I think you're forgetting that the Seahawks wouldn't have had an opportunity to score a game winning TD if it wasn't for a miraculous catch a few plays earlier. That game was not won with luck.