The Tom Brady Thread

BayRaider

1 minute ago, 40Year Pack Fan said:

Didn't he get a torn up knee against the Chiefs a number of years ago?....

It's not the kind of injury that should affect a QB long-term, unless he's of the Lamar Jackson/Michael Vick variety. 

Edited by Starless

10 minutes ago, 40Year Pack Fan said:

Didn't he get a torn up knee against the Chiefs a number of years ago?....

yup, good memory

Chiefs S Bernard Pollard took out Brady's knee on the 15th offensive play of the 2008

they'd have gone 16-0 with their schedule that year, AFCW and NFCW. A bunch of tomato cans - save Chargers. 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, 40Year Pack Fan said:

Wasn't suggesting it was....Was just trying to remember who they were playing at that time....

Yep. Bernard freaking Pollard was the culprit. He’s responsible for the rule change preventing players from going at QBs low. That injury also led to the cursed Matt Cassel/Scott Pioli era...

• Like 1

Just now, Split the Sticks said:

yup, good memory

Chiefs S Bernard Pollard took out Brady's knee on the 15th offensive play of the 2008

they'd have gone 16-0 with their schedule that year, AFCW and NFCW. A bunch of tomato cans - save Chargers. 

You were just a little too quick for me! Lol

• Like 1

1 hour ago, biggie. said:

Carson Palmer's knee injury in 2005 led to the rule chanhe, not Brady's. Also, did you know in I think 2009 Trent Edwards of all people led the league in roughing the passer?

Both hits led to rule changes. The “Carson Palmer rule” was the initial rule designed to keep players from hitting QBs low on the initial attack. The “Tom Brady rule” was a modification of that rule. In the play Brady was injured, Pollard had been taken down, and then made a second act where he launched himself low at Brady. The rules committee decided to nix those types of plays.

https://www.patriots.com/news/debate-friday-the-tom-brady-rule-142936

11 hours ago, Yin-Yang said:

a822b6afa0e792f18c395e311cbb9a7160abc8bc

In the words of Sandor himself; "for ****'s sake!" My initial post was LITERALLY to say there's no excuse. We should have scored more points. NE dominated us in the first half, so we only got ourselves to blame. Same thing with the Pats and the (terrible) call on N'Keal. Score more points.

Hopefully that's plain enough for you. I can't possibly say it clearer. Maybe if I use chickens and big f'n swords as props?

12 hours ago, Starless said:

Hopefully by finding new and inventive ways to cheat just so y'all can die mad about it. 😉

I said on the hate thread that it's completely pointless to hate because you aint. 

Those who die on the hill that NE cheated to win their SBs are up there with some of the most pathetically minded people in the world. I mean...deflategate. I've never heard anything so ridiculous.

Why isn't Belichick cheating now then? You'd think he wouldn't allow his team to be as bad as it has been, if he was some master in deception.

8 hours ago, BigTrav said:

In the words of Sandor himself; "for ****'s sake!" My initial post was LITERALLY to say there's no excuse. We should have scored more points. NE dominated us in the first half, so we only got ourselves to blame. Same thing with the Pats and the (terrible) call on N'Keal. Score more points.

Hopefully that's plain enough for you. I can't possibly say it clearer. Maybe if I use chickens and big f'n swords as props?

tenor.gif?itemid=9683848

• Like 1

On 1/27/2021 at 7:49 PM, BigTrav said:

Sorry that you can't take reality.

I can word it another way if you like. How will the Patriots beat this KC team again in the next few years?

By completely restructuring it and then landing a QB that's elite.

In other words, this will take at least 5 years, probably longer. And by then Kelce is retired and Hill over the hill. But in the next 5 years, little to no chance.

Nobody in our fanbase thinks we will compete for championships in the next few years, we know better than anyone that it's a QB driven league.