Jump to content

The Tom Brady Thread


Recommended Posts

Just now, AkronsWitness said:

Like tonight. He played like Alex Smith and won a ring. Similar to his early 2000s rings.

Quick question: Did you actually watch Super Bowls XXXVIII and XXXIX?

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, DontTazeMeBro said:

Lol. Just realized he’s won more in the last 7 years than he did in the 1st 13. Won those 3 early. Went 10 years. Thought maybe this would end at 3. Then....

Yeah it think that is the most incredible thing on him. I still remember the days when he was loosing to the Mark Sanchez led Jets in the playoffs 🤣

Edited by BearFromArgentina
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, AkronsWitness said:

All I'm saying is yes Tom Brady has 7 rings. However, his defenses and decisions by other coaches are the main reason for at least 4 of his rings.

Like tonight. He played like Alex Smith and won a ring. Similar to his early 2000s rings.

So people need to quit acting like Brady is over here throwing for 400 yards and 5+ TDs in all of his SB victory's

Please justify his defenses and others being the main reason for 4 of his rings?

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, AkronsWitness said:

All I'm saying is yes Tom Brady has 7 rings. However, his defenses and decisions by other coaches are the main reason for at least 4 of his rings.

Like tonight. He played like Alex Smith and won a ring. Similar to his early 2000s rings.

So people need to quit acting like Brady is over here throwing for 400 yards and 5+ TDs in all of his SB victory's

This is silly.  A year ago did anyone think the Buccaneers were a superbowl contender or even a team to be scared of?  What changed?

There aren't many superbowl teams that are one dimensional.  Brady has certainly been helped by the rest of the players on his team and his coaches, but you don't have this much post season success because of luck.

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Jaguarfan said:

If it's so easy, why has no one else come anywhere near his level of success? 

well to be fair, in 70s 80s and 90s QBs were literally being Knocked out of the game. the Rules are a ridiculous advantage for current QBs. 

but I have him as GOAT because he is standing out more in his ERA than the other QBs did in their ERA.

Edited by resilient part 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, AkronsWitness said:

For starters your first example didn't involve tom brady. In 2005 brady threw for a whopping 230 yards and 2 TDs.

Might want to double check that.

And also not box score scout. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, offbyone said:

This is silly.  A year ago did anyone think the Buccaneers were a superbowl contender or even a team to be scared of?  What changed?

There aren't many superbowl teams that are one dimensional.  Brady has certainly been helped by the rest of the players on his team and his coaches, but you don't have this much post season success because of luck.

I'm not saying Brady want a driving force behind the culture turn around. I'm aguing against the fact that people seem to have this false idea that Tom puts the team on his back and wins because of his heroics.

The TB Bucks won tonight because of their defense. Not Tom Brady.

Link to post
Share on other sites

The absolute mental gymnastics and mind pretzels that people twist themselves into to try and find reasons to take away from Brady’s greatness is the purest form of entertainment 

  • Like 10
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

Like tonight. He played like Alex Smith and won a ring. Similar to his early 2000s rings.

So people need to quit acting like Brady is over here throwing for 400 yards and 5+ TDs in all of his SB victory's

He had 3 TDs and drove the team to the half yard line and had a dropped pass there. All in ONE HALF. Only his first half against the Packers was better. On the second half he answered a 3-points drive with another TD where he had Gronk for a TD but Rob was tackled at the last moment before Fournette ran it to the end zone.

After that the game was over because Chiefs couldn't keep up with the Bucs but Chiefs had no answer for him. No punts since the second possession of the game.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, AkronsWitness said:

I'm not saying Brady want a driving force behind the culture turn around. I'm aguing against the fact that people seem to have this false idea that Tom puts the team on his back and wins because of his heroics.

The TB Bucks won tonight because of their defense. Not Tom Brady.

I agree that the defense was the MVP of the game.  But while Brady didn't carry the team, he certainly played a really good game.

Saying he is just a game manager like Alex Smith or a qb along that lines is crazy.  Look at Peyton Manning's last run at a superbowl.  Now that was a game manager.  Brady made plays.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Man these threads always tickle me. There seems to be one every few years or so, and never any shortage of "bUt hE's NoT rEaLLy tHaT gOoD". Just enjoy the greatness, we're not gonna see anything like it for a long time.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, dhunt2402 said:

Man these threads always tickle me. There seems to be one every few years or so, and never any shortage of "bUt hE's NoT rEaLLy tHaT gOoD". Just enjoy the greatness, we're not gonna see anything like it for a long time.

What's your previous username?

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, offbyone said:

I agree that the defense was the MVP of the game.  But while Brady didn't carry the team, he certainly played a really good game.

Saying he is just a game manager like Alex Smith or a qb along that lines is crazy.  Look at Peyton Manning's last run at a superbowl.  Now that was a game manager.  Brady made plays.

I'm not disagreeing with anything your saying. He played a good game. Period.

The thing I have a issue with is how people have this false belief that Brady is THE reason he has won 7 rings when history indicates his defense, tuck rules and opposing coaches decisions are the reason he has at least 4.

I'm just already tired of people pinning "7 ringz" on Brady when he is often the 2nd or 3rd deciding factor in any of those SBs.

Its not popular opinion. It just needs to be said.

Edited by AkronsWitness
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...