The Tom Brady Thread

BayRaider

1 minute ago, AkronsWitness said:

I'm not disagreeing with anything your saying. He played a good game. Period.

The thing I have a issue with is how people have this false belief that Brady is THE reason he has won 7 rings when history indicates his defense, tuck rules and opposing coaches decisions are the reason he has at least 4.

I'm just already tired of people pinning "7 ringz" on Brady when he is often the 2nd or 3rd deciding factor in any of those SBs.

There's only one common thread throughout Brady's 10 Super Bowl appearance and seven Super Bowl wins.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

I'm not disagreeing with anything your saying. He played a good game. Period.

The thing I have a issue with is how people have this false belief that Brady is THE reason he has won 7 rings when history indicates his defense, tuck rules and opposing coaches decisions are the reason he has at least 4.

I'm just already tired of people pinning "7 ringz" on Brady when he is often the 2nd or 3rd deciding factor in any of those SBs.

Its not popular opinion. It just needs to be said.

19 minutes ago, Pats#1 said:

The absolute mental gymnastics and mind pretzels that people twist themselves into to try and find reasons to take away from Brady’s greatness is the purest form of entertainment 

Edited by Pats#1

19 minutes ago, Pats#1 said:

The absolute mental gymnastics and mind pretzels that people twist themselves into to try and find reasons to take away from Brady’s greatness is the purest form of entertainment 

*Rob Parker has entered the chat*

1 minute ago, bucsfan333 said:

Our defense was barely top 10 in every major category this season.

You were #4 in Defensive DVOA if I remember correctly and like #5 Offense. Saints and Bucs were the first two teams to finish Top 5 in both since the 2017 Eagles. Your guy's front seven + Brady were the two main reasons I picked the Bucs in this game.

And that's in no way to discredit Brady. He is the GOAT and earned this Championship 100%.

41 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

How many of those was because of Tom Brady being great.

Because he played like Alex Smith tonight and won a superbowl on the back of his defense....much like his first 3 rings in New England 

I know its the most anti-intellectual argument to make but it seems like people actually discount wins and losses when it comes to QB's. They really do actually matter. 

Like, does anyone actually believe the Bucs win the Super Bowl this year with Matt Stafford or whoever at QB? 

Edited by SalvadorsDeli

3 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

Well guess what. They were the #1 reason you won a super bowl.

21/29 201 yards 3 TDs

Clearly the only reason we won the Super Bowl is because of the defense. Never would we have had a chance without them. Brady was such a hinderance.

1 minute ago, bucsfan333 said:

I get it, I guess. Hating Brady is - for most NFL fans - step one. It's like a rite of passage.

But I feel like there needs to be at least some common sense involved if you wanna try to take him down a peg.

Yeah, if you're going to discount Tom Brady's greatness, might as well make it for a good reason: he might get injured

Edited by Jaguarfan
  • Like 1