The Tom Brady Thread

BayRaider

On 2/10/2021 at 11:47 PM, iknowcool said:

How crazy would it be if Brady somehow someway made the 2020s All-Decade team

At that point he’s gotta be the greatest, most accomplished player (in a team sport anyway) of all-time right?

Although to even have a chance he’d probably need to play until he’s 47 at least. But at this point tbh I’m not even sure Brady is capable of seriously declining barring injury. What if his 2020 was his regression... I just can’t fathom Brady having a bad season. Peyton made sense because he was always a gunslinger at times, so you figured eventually he wouldn’t be able to get away with that anymore. But Brady man it’d amaze me to see him just flat-out collapse. I’m sure it could and probably will happen but it’ll be really weird to see

The answer is that he already is with two. It's nearly impossible to play at that high of a level for that long. Think of every other great QB and you can confine most of their greatness to about a 10 year period. Montana had like one good season after the 80's. Bradshaw and Staubach both feasted in the 70's and tapered off. Brady won a SB in 01, was leading the league in TD's in 02, won a SB and was getting MVP votes in 03 and in 15, 16 was getting MVP with a SB in there, then had another MVP in 17, then won a SB 18, and then in 20 put up 40 touchdowns and won another SB's. 

The dude has been consistenly adding accolades since the moment he stepped foot in the league. Even Jordan really had to wait a bit for Magic and Bird to decline so he could get his share of the spotlight and go on his run in the 90's. Brady came in and basically overshadowed Peyton Manning, then in the 2010's was overshadowing Rodgers from being the guy, and now for the last few years he's been the biggest albatross for Patrick Mahomes. 

• Like 2

On 2/14/2021 at 2:33 AM, Hunter2_1 said:

I feel like Brady when he retires will be done with football entirely.

I agree with this 100%. He'll retire, show up for his HoF induction and then live out the 2nd part of his life as far as away from football as he could be. Maybe he'll make the random appearance in Foxboro or Tampa for an anniversary celebration, but that's the extent of it.

I don't know what the next phase of his life will bring, but I few strongly that it won't involve football.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, ET80 said:

I agree with this 100%. He'll retire, show up for his HoF induction and then live out the 2nd part of his life as far as away from football as he could be. Maybe he'll make the random appearance in Foxboro or Tampa for an anniversary celebration, but that's the extent of it.

I don't know what the next phase of his life will bring, but I few strongly that it won't involve football.

I believe the TB12 brand will continue to grow.  He s obviously passionate about health and nutrition.  No better marketing then the football career of Tom Brady.

• Like 1

Just a reminder for those 43 clowns still holding on to Peyton Manning.

• Manning was a 99.1 rated dome passer and a 94.0 rated outdoor passer.
  • Brady is a 111.8 rated dome passer and a 96.4 rated outdoor passer.
  • Brees was 104.6 in a dome and 92.5 outdoors.

Brady was better than Manning throw for throw in a dome, outdoors, in a retroof, with green eggs and ham...

Manning is clearly inferior when compared to Brady. (but he did get to play in a dome a lot)

Have a nice day.

• Like 6

On 3/4/2021 at 12:57 PM, SkippyX said:

Brady was better than Manning throw for throw in a dome, outdoors, in a retroof, with green eggs and ham...

Manning is clearly inferior when compared to Brady. (but he did get to play in a dome a lot)

Have a nice day.

This past season effectively ended that debate. Both are the only quarterbacks to start and win Super Bowls with multiple teams, but Peyton won when he was a liability whereas Brady was Super Bowl MVP.

• Like 1

On 3/4/2021 at 10:57 AM, SkippyX said:

Have a nice day.

Now do Matt Ryan, on the comparisons forums apparently he is one head coach away from being Tom Brady....

• 6 months later...