Dumpster Fire Thread: Looking forward

JiffyJag

46 minutes ago, KhanYouDigIt said:

New GM, new HC and new QB.

Agreed.

I don't think we should force a QB if Lawrence/Fields are gone as I think Minshew is largely "fine", but I'm off the franchise potential bandwagon at this point. Think he could end up being an average/ok starter with hints of brilliance but I don't care to be stuck in that realm.

I'm going to wait for the rest of the year to play out on Minshew, he's in his second year in his second offense and definitely shows spans of brilliance, sometimes he can just be so frustrating. He's easily the most promising QB we've had since Garrard, though obviously the bar is low. 

If we do end up getting a new QB next year, or are in a position to draft one, I'm all in on Kellen Moore for HC. He's not perfect but he's very young and I think he really knows his stuff. 

More likely scenario: we fire Marrone in week ~10, Gruden gets like 2 or 3 wins as interim, roll with him. Gruden has been largely okay as playcaller, but we probably need to clean house. 

15 minutes ago, Jaguarfan said:

I'm going to wait for the rest of the year to play out on Minshew, he's in his second year in his second offense and definitely shows spans of brilliance, sometimes he can just be so frustrating. He's easily the most promising QB we've had since Garrard, though obviously the bar is low. 

If we do end up getting a new QB next year, or are in a position to draft one, I'm all in on Kellen Moore for HC. He's not perfect but he's very young and I think he really knows his stuff. 

More likely scenario: we fire Marrone in week ~10, Gruden gets like 2 or 3 wins as interim, roll with him. Gruden has been largely okay as playcaller, but we probably need to clean house. 

I really wish I had a better read on where this FO and coaching staff stand in regards to Shad.

The moves Dave made signal, at least to me, he has some security. It also sounded like Shad wanted Marrone back this year when he thought he was out the door.

5 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

I really wish I had a better read on where this FO and coaching staff stand in regards to Shad.

The moves Dave made signal, at least to me, he has some security. It also sounded like Shad wanted Marrone back this year when he thought he was out the door.

Yeah gutting our entire D to where we're down to PS caliber players doesn't seem like the moves of a man in a make or break year......

9 minutes ago, Jaguarfan said:

Yeah gutting our entire D to where we're down to PS caliber players doesn't seem like the moves of a man in a make or break year......

Like I said, wish we had a clearer picture. This coaching staff needs to be shown the door though for sure. I do like Gruden but unless we hire a ST/DC and we keep him in that scenario I'd prefer just a complete fresh start.

Legitimately the only thing that separates the Dave Caldwell years from being every bit as bad as the Matt Millen Lions is that we played half our schedule in 2017 against backup QBs the one year Coughlin had guys playing motivated at all. 

3 minutes ago, pwny said:

Legitimately the only thing that separates the Dave Caldwell years from being every bit as bad as the Matt Millen Lions is that we played half our schedule in 2017 against backup QBs the one year Coughlin had guys playing motivated at all. 

Didn't millen use 3 1st rounders on wrs in 3 straight years? 

Few potential interesting names for head coach.

No particular order

1) eric Bieniemy(chiefs oc)

2 Brian daboll(bills oc)

3) dave toub(Chiefs st coach)

4) Lincoln Riley(OK hc)

5) robert saleh(49ers dc)

6) wink Martindale(Ravens dc)

7) mike lefleur(49ers passing game coordinator)

😎 byron leftwich(bucs oc)

9) anthony weaver(texans dc) 

10) mike McDaniels(49ers run game coordinator)

11) mike Kafka(chiefs passing game coordinator)

12) pat Fitzgerald(Northwestern hc)

13) kellen Moore(cowboys oc)

14) john fassell(rams st coordinator)