Dumpster Fire Thread: Looking forward

JiffyJag

5 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

It just took me more time than it did @pwny and @Tugboat.

Sorry I'm late.

Quite frankly I’m enjoying this season because everything I said would happen has happened. It doesn’t feel as bad when you know what’s coming and you’re prepared for the outcome. I’m actually not even angry this year it’s weird.  But as good as it feels it’s still doesn’t feel great because deep down inside I still get the feeling Caldwell will be back next year and if that’s the case that’s when I total pull the plug. 🤣

Edited by DuvalsKing

1 minute ago, DuvalsKing said:

Quite frankly I’m enjoying this season because everything I said would happen has happened. It doesn’t feel as bad when you know what’s coming and you’re prepared for the outcome. I’m actually not even angry this year it’s weird.  But as good as it feels it’s still doesn’t feel great because deep down inside I still get the feeling Caldwell will be back next year and if that’s the case that’s when I total pull the plug. 🤣

I mean my expectations weren't very high, I thought 6-7 wins was feasible as I thought Minshew would take a step but he obviously didn't.

Im definitely not confident Caldwell gets ousted. Been here too long for me to expect that. Marrone is gone though imo.

5 hours ago, .Buzz said:

Is it just me or is this more alarming?

The "since I've been here" part is alarming for sure. Because it also means that he was paying attention to things when everything started to go downhill last year and either didn't care or was too dumb to see what was going on.

• Like 1

It's one thing to be an absentee owner who is just letting the football guys do the football stuff. But it's wholly another to be actively talking to Marrone about what's going on and not do anything. There was clearly something going wrong when Jalen showed up in the Brinks truck in July of last year and Coughlin mouthed off about it and with the stuff at the same time with Yan saying he no longer was certain he was going to be a Jaguar long term, and even before that when Coughlin and Jalen had a public back and forth when Jalen didn't show up to voluntary workouts. It's one thing to not be paying attention and just not know about that kind of stuff happening with the guys you delegated work to. Its a whole other animal when you're engaged enough that there's no excuse to not know about certain things and yet you still decide that you're not stepping in.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, pwny said:

It's one thing to be an absentee owner who is just letting the football guys do the football stuff. But it's wholly another to be actively talking to Marrone about what's going on and not do anything. There was clearly something going wrong when Jalen showed up in the Brinks truck in July of last year and Coughlin mouthed off about it and with the stuff at the same time with Yan saying he no longer was certain he was going to be a Jaguar long term, and even before that when Coughlin and Jalen had a public back and forth when Jalen didn't show up to voluntary workouts. It's one thing to not be paying attention and just not know about that kind of stuff happening with the guys you delegated work to. Its a whole other animal when you're engaged enough that there's no excuse to not know about certain things and yet you still decide that you're not stepping in.

Yeah, this sort of confuses me as it sounded like Marrone didn't have a voice last year or any year prior to this year with Coughlin in the fold. Was always Coughlin and sometimes Caldwell talking to Khan but Marrone was in limbo/on the outside. So I wish they would've dug in on that answer at the presser.

But yeah, if he's talking to Marrone weekly he clearly has an idea of what happening. Not sure how you can do that and continue on with this unless this is similar to NYJ/Gase where he just believes this is the best setup for a top pick.

On 10/27/2020 at 1:12 PM, pwny said:

I honestly think at this point, it looks like Khan is doing one of three awful things:

1)It's an expensive plaything for Tony to play "be a GM in real life".

2)He's just completely clueless, even when it's staring everybody else in the face and he's apparently directly involved on a regular basis.

3)He's just trying to tank the viability of the franchise in Jacksonville so he can actually move it to London and lean back on the "well the market just didn't support the team" ****.

Honestly, based on the way Shahid Khan has run his business practices that earned him his billions in the first place...and his investment in London and everything else...Option #3 is starting to feel more and more realistic.  Being "first" as an international NFL franchise is worth a huge amount of money.  Like a staggering amount.  Nobody cares about the second NFL franchise in Europe.  The first though?  That's money.  He's got the inside track on that.  He just needs to undermine support in Jacksonville enough, to not make it look like he's ripped the team away, and more like he was just benevolently relocating it.

5 hours ago, Tugboat said:

Yes, by all means, let's bring back yet another Gus Guy.

Not gonna slam a guy just because he was employed by Bradley at one point when I read stuff like this all over about him. If you want to, go for it.

With a HC hire, I've already said I want a guy that can come in here and run the whole ship. Not just be a slick playcaller that can turn around a unit. Saleh screams, at least to me, a HC more than anything. 

The only two guys I may prefer/have with him is Bienimy and Brady. Only reason I have Brady is I see him in the light of McVay. He's that bright and could be that great for a young QB.

32 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

Not gonna slam a guy just because he was employed by Bradley at one point when I read stuff like this all over about him. If you want to, go for it.

With a HC hire, I've already said I want a guy that can come in here and run the whole ship. Not just be a slick playcaller that can turn around a unit. Saleh screams, at least to me, a HC more than anything. 

The only two guys I may prefer/have with him is Bienimy and Brady. Only reason I have Brady is I see him in the light of McVay. He's that bright and could be that great for a young QB.

I'm gonna go with the Schitt's Creek gif tbh.  Dan Levy and that show have won far more in the last year, than the Jaguars have ever won.  So...