Dumpster Fire Thread: Looking forward

JiffyJag

4 minutes ago, KhanYouDigIt said:

Why not both? Lawrence will be on rookie deal, we need to take advantage of that.

I am worried about our secondary. It stinks. 

Where are Chaisson and Allens reps going (not that I'm saying Chaisson has proven to disregard getting better, but...)? I'd much rather use $ on one and spread out the love. Corner, Safety, OL (maybe a Trent Williams?), etc. 

4 minutes ago, pwny said:

Let me have this nostalgic trip. 

Fair.

Just now, .Buzz said:

Where are Chaisson and Allens reps going? I'd much rather use $ on one and spread out the love. Corner, Safety, OL (maybe a Trent Williams?), etc. I'm bigger into.

Fair.

I’m putting Big Cat at the 3T next to Hamilton.

Im not talking about Yan. I thought we have been talking about A-Rob lol

1 minute ago, KhanYouDigIt said:

I’m putting Big Cat at the 3T next to Hamilton.

Im not talking about Yan. I thought we have been talking about A-Rob lol

I did a quick edit to clarify, that's my bad.

But yes, I'm totally here for ARob and Leonard Williams if that's what you mean.

As far as Leonard, I figure that guy moves around and even plays some 5T too.

I think Leonard Williams would honestly be the best piece we could get in FA. Our interior pass rush is not good and this draft has already been slammed for lacking those types.

I doubt he manages to get out of NYG but if he does...he probably tops my wish list.

2 minutes ago, KhanYouDigIt said:

No worries.

My dream FA signings would be Leonard Williams and Justin Simmons for defense

A-Rob if they want to address offense in FA.

How do y'all feel about Trent Williams? If we don't want to pay Cam, he'd be a great vet for a few years to lock it down. Would be costly but also short term (3 years) I imagine.

I want to do anything and everything to keep Trevor upright.

4 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

How do y'all feel about Trent Williams? If we don't want to pay Cam, he'd be a great vet for a few years to lock it down. Would be costly but also short term (3 years) I imagine.

Keep Norwell, Linder and Taylor (pray he improves)

Upgrade RG (Scherff?)

Draft a LT early if Cam wants a lot of $$$

7 minutes ago, KhanYouDigIt said:

Keep Norwell, Linder and Taylor (pray he improves)

Upgrade RG (Scherff?)

Draft a LT early if Cam wants a lot of $$$

I'm all the way in on drafting 1-2 OL in first 4 rounds regardless. They don't even have to be immediate starters. Just develop them for when we need them.

Scherff scares me with his injury history

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KhanYouDigIt said:

Why not both? Lawrence will be on rookie deal, we need to take advantage of that.

I am worried about our secondary. It stinks. 

One guy we might want to check out is Vikings DE Danielle Hunter.  He is due for a new contract next year and the Vikings may not have enough cap space to sign him.  He was out this season with a neck injury, so you would want to make sure he is healthy, but he is an absolute beast against the run and as a pass rusher.  I'd LOVE to bring him down to Jax. 

13 hours ago, pwny said:

Lmao imagine if the entire new front office and Trevor Lawrence gets Yan to sign here this offseason. 

lol.  I'd be ecstatic probably.  Can't imagine things outside of Sacksonville have gone quite the way he'd have hoped, and the Jaguars are in a familiar city where we'll have the money to compensate him fairly at this point.  

Having Yan/Allen as the guys, with Chaisson as the rotational "Fowler guy" sounds superb to me.  You cannot ever have too many quality edge rushers like that.  That's the 3 man rotation you really want.

So if he were willing to look back at Jacksonville now that Coughlin, Caldwell and the rest of the clown show are cleared out...maybe there's a chance?  I do still have to wonder if Khan and Son have pissed him off and destroyed that relationship well beyond repair though.  Tony was a complete dink, utterly unnecessarily on a very public forum.  That isn't just going to go away.  I think the distrust and maligned feelings probably go beyond just Coughlin and Caldwell even.  

12 hours ago, LinderFournette said:

Imagine getting allen robinson back as well

I could go for that.  Chark and Robinson would be an outstanding duo.  Plus a weapon like Shenault to move around and do different stuff with.  ARob really does just seem like he wants to finally somehow find himself on a team that is actually a contender though at this point, with a solid or better QB.  Not sure a rookie QB with a lot of promise lures him back, but here's to dreaming...

10 hours ago, .Buzz said:

I'd rather go pay Leonard Williams tbh.

(In regards to Yan)

Really?

I can see the interior being a bigger need in some capacities...and Williams has kinda found his stride a bit this year.  But i still don't know that he's a guy i'd be throwing all of the money at.  Yan...i know what he can do, and how disruptive he can be.  The sort of gamechanger he can be.  I take that over Lenny.  Both would be nice though.

10 hours ago, .Buzz said:

It's an interesting idea.  I too, really subscribe to the idea of not "Andrew Lucking this up" by putting Lawrence behind this trash OLine.  Doing anything and everything possible to try to get a solid blocking front put up in front of him immediately.  The Williams contract situation seems like it could be very interesting, depending on what sort of term and guarantees he's looking at.  But it'd be a huge boon to the OLine to get even an aging solid vet bookend brought in.  Having that trust in the OLine is important to developing a QB properly.

9 hours ago, .Buzz said:

I'm all the way in on drafting 1-2 OL in first 4 rounds regardless. They don't even have to be immediate starters. Just develop them for when we need them.

Scherff scares me with his injury history