Dumpster Fire Thread: Looking forward

JiffyJag

Just now, LinderFournette said:

I suppose caldwell is similiar because hes drafted a DL the last 3 drafts in round 1. 

True. But I just more meant the ineptitude and quality of teams. This is Caldwell’s 9th season, Millen was around for 8. Caldwell has 5 more wins.

At some point, Shad has to admit that this is one of the worst runs for a team in NFL history and that everything needs to change. If you keep Dave around, legitimately the best case scenario is two winning seasons after a decade of roster building. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, LinderFournette said:

1) eric Bieniemy(chiefs oc)

This one is an interesting one, I guess. He’s got some bad things in his history that’s kept other teams from being willing to actually pull the trigger on him, so I guess it is likely that he’s one of the *big names* that might actually be willing to come here. 

I just wonder if/when we start to get inklings this is the end of the road for hopefully both, but really either.

There's no rebounding imo. Too much youth, not enough overall talent. This was supposed to be the easy part of the season. It just gets from from here.

19 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

I just wonder if/when we start to get inklings this is the end of the road for hopefully both, but really either.

There's no rebounding imo. Too much youth, not enough overall talent. This was supposed to be the easy part of the season. It just gets from from here.

Part of the problem has been Henderson's inability to not get injured. 

Today we ended up down to Herndon, Jones and claybrooks(man i thought he was bad at returns but hes worse on defense. 

3 minutes ago, LinderFournette said:

Part of the problem has been Henderson's inability to not get injured. 

Today we ended up down to Herndon, Jones and claybrooks(man i thought he was bad at returns but hes worse on defense. 

Injuries happen. Look around the league. We already were way too young/raw coming into this season. We all knew we'd be bad unless Minshew took a large step forward (which I thought he would but largely hasn't...although as I said, he's been "fine".) So when injuries (which do happen) pile up to we knew we'd be even further behind the 8 ball.

Seasons over. Just gotta watch the young guys and see how they progress. 

I'm all about throwing the whole bag to Chark right when the last whistle blows.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Us ahead of Houston is a joke right?

Terrible cap situation, no picks til round 3 next year. Ownership has shown to keep GM/coaches on for much longer than they should have. 5 picks prior to Houston's first selection most likely.

Pretty attractive gig believe it or not.

Norwell has been great this year. Cann has played better than I've ever seen him play, as has Cam (still a long way to go thankfully so we'll see if Cam can be a long term fixture). So all of this is a good development (not that I think Cann is a long term fix, but hopefully Bartch is the future there whenever he's ready).

Offense is largely in a good position. 1-2 punch of Chark/Shenault with Spinna in the backfield is a pretty tremendous core. I'd still love to add a young TE in the draft to learn under Eifert/JOS since TEs generally take a year or two to get going.