Dumpster Fire Thread: Looking forward

JiffyJag

39 minutes ago, LinderFournette said:

I know this is gene but Fwiw

Not shocked.

Truthfully better if your in the anything for a better draft pick, but personally I'd really like to just know for a fact people are going to get canned for this abomination.

2 hours ago, .Buzz said:

Wigg had a good episode today on Locked on Jaguars about the upcoming coaching search. Makes me prefer to go for more of a coach than a playcaller ala Joe Brady.

Gus Bradley?

(but I also agree)

15 minutes ago, pwny said:

Gus Bradley?

(but I also agree)

He went more the route of McDermott and Vrabel, but I do get what you mean.

More so just referencing he thinks this team needs an actual coach and not just bringing in a young hot shot that's only getting the opportunity because he's cutting edge/can call a good side of the ball but rather someone that will take hold of the team and steer the whole ship to clearer waters.

Just now, .Buzz said:

He went more the route of McDermott and Vrabel, but I do get what you mean.

More so just referencing he thinks this team needs an actual coach and not just bringing in a young hot shot that's only getting the opportunity because he's cutting edge/can call a good side of the ball but rather someone that will take hold of the team and steer the whole ship.

In general, unless the guy is truly a massive innovator like McVay, I agree. Gus was a complete mess, but his profile typically is one that makes me more excited for a guy than even someone like Shanny, who is largely big on the innovation stuff, and certainly more so than the *accountability* types like Marrone. 

1 hour ago, pwny said:

In general, unless the guy is truly a massive innovator like McVay, I agree. Gus was a complete mess, but his profile typically is one that makes me more excited for a guy than even someone like Shanny, who is largely big on the innovation stuff, and certainly more so than the *accountability* types like Marrone. 

What candidates even fit that bill for you?

Saleh, Bowles, maybe Wink? Have to read up on guys more but the first two definitely seem to kinda sorta fit that bill than a lot of others that come to mind.

I think I’d prefer Khan not fire anyone until after the season. I really want us to stay with teaching distance of Lawrence.

If the Jags only win 1 game this year and we end picking 2nd because of the Jets, it will be the most #becausejaguars moment ever.

14 minutes ago, pwny said:

k2QJKtY.jpg

So legitimate question. When is anyone in the trash local media going to hold anyone’s feet to the fire at all over this? 

Not sure there's any excuse outside of him being on the payroll. 

Name two players on that Lions defense besides Okudah (who hasn't even played very well) and Trey Flowers. Yet they stiffled our offense and played hard. Have yet to see our team, either side, do that at all the last 4 weeks.

This is most definitely a coaching issue. This team may be young/inexperienced, but there's talent here to be doing more than what happening.

4 hours ago, .Buzz said:

Not sure there's any excuse outside of him being on the payroll. 

Name two players on that Lions defense besides Okudah (who hasn't even played very well) and Trey Flowers. Yet they stiffled our offense and played hard. Have yet to see our team, either side, do that at all the last 4 weeks.

This is most definitely a coaching issue. This team may be young/inexperienced, but there's talent here to be doing more than what happening.

Desmond trufant