Dumpster Fire Thread: Looking forward

JiffyJag

21 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

This, along with all the draft capital we have is why we should be super enticing for any GM or Coach.

Not to say Jax isn't in a great spot, but this chart is comically misleading. According to the article, the Jets have a projected $90M tied to pending free agents... which is wildly incorrect and/or resolved without any context. Marcus Maye & Brain Poole are likely the only two FA who will warrant any consideration to be brought back, the rest are dead weight.  

35 minutes ago, NJC33 said:

Not to say Jax isn't in a great spot, but this chart is comically misleading. According to the article, the Jets have a projected $90M tied to pending free agents... which is wildly incorrect and/or resolved without any context. Marcus Maye & Brain Poole are likely the only two FA who will warrant any consideration to be brought back, the rest are dead weight.  

Hence why it's a projection. Not like they're going to assume who is and who isn't brought back midseason prior to the off-season.

20 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

Hence why it's a projection. Not like they're going to assume who is and who isn't brought back midseason prior to the off-season.

Sure, but point being it's an extremely 'lazy' projection. The Jets highest priced player set to become a FA is Perriman at $6.5M. Not including Maye & Poole, who won't command massive deals by any stretch, the rest are replaceable level contracts. There's no way guys like Neville Hewitt, Jordan Jenkins & co. amass anywhere close to the $90M projected here. 

34 minutes ago, NJC33 said:

Sure, but point being it's an extremely 'lazy' projection. The Jets highest priced player set to become a FA is Perriman at $6.5M. Not including Maye & Poole, who won't command massive deals by any stretch, the rest are replaceable level contracts. There's no way guys like Neville Hewitt, Jordan Jenkins & co. amass anywhere close to the $90M projected here. 

I really don't care my guy. This is about the fantastic situation the Jags are in financially.

Just a tweet I saw. You can take up your argument with him on the Jets placement.

3 hours ago, .Buzz said:

I really don't care my guy. This is about the fantastic situation the Jags are in financially.

Just a tweet I saw. You can take up your argument with him on the Jets placement.

Fair enough, no reason for me to have chimed in. Just get a kick out of so called experts throwing together erroneous information and then passing it off as some type of insightful perspective.

Good day my guy.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, LinderFournette said:

I wonder if someone would hire dj as gm?

I honestly don't think DJ has any actual interest in that role at this point.  Certainly gives the impression he much prefers his role as an expert draft analyst, rather than the actual stress of trying to manage a team.  He's got a young family, and seems to really relish in spending as much time as he can with them.  With a lot less stress.

• Like 1