Dumpster Fire Thread: Looking forward

JiffyJag

16 minutes ago, LinderFournette said:

Id like juju, marcus williams,  junno smith.    Maybe signing Ngakoue if hes willing to.  

Gotta imagine Jonnu is a legit target if they let him go. With a young QB and our obvious issues with TEs over the years...we need that safety blanket. Jonnu is v good.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

Gotta imagine Jonnu is a legit target if they let him go. With a young QB and our obvious issues with TEs over the years...we need that safety blanket. Jonnu is v good.

I think Williams is target 1.  Gotta get a playmaker at s.

Im kinda undecided on leonard Williams.  1 hand hes probably the best option for a 3tech spot but hes not that good a pass rusher. 

29 minutes ago, LinderFournette said:

I think Williams is target 1.  Gotta get a playmaker at s.

Im kinda undecided on leonard Williams.  1 hand hes probably the best option for a 3tech spot but hes not that good a pass rusher. 

Target 1 is building around the young QB. Put the best possible supporting cast around him. 

Jarrod Wilson has been a steady/solid FS. I'm fine upgrading but I don't view it as a huge need. SS could use an upgrade for sure. Daniel Thomas looked to be something but you can't assume based on a 3 game sample.

Leonard Williams may not rack up stats but he's super disruptive and has been for a while. I don't see NYG letting him go.

52 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

Target 1 is building around the young QB. Put the best possible supporting cast around him. 

Jarrod Wilson has been a steady/solid FS. I'm fine upgrading but I don't view it as a huge need. SS could use an upgrade for sure. Daniel Thomas looked to be something but you can't assume based on a 3 game sample.

Leonard Williams may not rack up stats but he's super disruptive and has been for a while. I don't see NYG letting him go.

i view wilson as a guy who can play both FS and SS.    wilson as a SS makes our defense better.   if u want to win a potential championship this defense needs to take like 5 steps up.  our skill guys currently are solid.  could we use some improvements sure but priority 1 is Getting this Defense back to playing good Defense. 

your also discounting the picks we have which could hypothetically end up giving us say Pat Friermuth, Pitts, Brevin Jordan. and granted TE takes a few years to develop but it u can say the same to a point for even qbs.   

also while smith has upside his stats dont really show much.  i mean hes had 18, 20, 35, and 24 catches at this point.   some of it i can chalk up to be being TE number 2 behind walker but the 20 and 35 catches came in when walker played in 8 total games between 2 seasons and this year without walker hes not doing that great. 

4 hours ago, .Buzz said:

What Daboll has done with Josh Allen/that Bills offense has been awfully impressive...

A lot of that is just, getting some actual talent in the receiving group there.  But yeah, it's been good.

The question just becomes...if you hire him as a HC, are you still going to get the same direct effect on a young QB?  Or are you going to get a guy who is focused on treading water in the rest of the duties of a HC?  Gimme Daboll as an OC all day every day, especially if we end up with somebody like Zach Wilson.  But as a HC?  I honestly don't know.

On 12/8/2020 at 2:11 AM, Tugboat said:

A lot of that is just, getting some actual talent in the receiving group there.  But yeah, it's been good.

The question just becomes...if you hire him as a HC, are you still going to get the same direct effect on a young QB?  Or are you going to get a guy who is focused on treading water in the rest of the duties of a HC?  Gimme Daboll as an OC all day every day, especially if we end up with somebody like Zach Wilson.  But as a HC?  I honestly don't know.

Yeah, I'm not going to act like he's a QB whisperer as I have no idea how they devy up the role of everything there. But it is a positive to see the guy running that offense for a young raw QB from the get go design an offense around said QB and put him in good positions to succeed. He has to have some role in that development. 

None of these HCs I really view as some sure fire QB developer. Bienimy, up until this past year or so when Reid wanted to help him get HC gigs, didn't really worked closely with Mahomes. Joe Brady is super young and we still don't know that he can properly develop a young QB unless we want to assume it was all him with Burrow last year at LSU. He's done well in Carolina as far as there entire offense goes but it's not like Teddy has ascended or anything.

• Like 1

Ya know what ...

I would. Turned a trash heap of an organization with an owner that wouldn't spend into respectable and consistently competitive. They've turned right back into a trash heap after leaving. Not as sexy as a guy like Brady or some of the other young up and comers, but may be the exact type of guy we need.

13 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

Ya know what ...

I would. Turned a trash heap of an organization with an owner that wouldn't spend into respectable and consistently competitive. They've turned right back into a trash heap after leaving. Not as sexy as a guy like Brady or some of the other young up and comers, but may be the exact type of guy we need.

Think I’d do it too. 

I assume that would mean Jay Gruden is back as OC?

Just now, Chops013 said:

Think I’d do it too. 

I assume that would mean Jay Gruden is back as OC?

I'm not sure. Would make some sense with the pairing in CIN several years ago. He'd also probably be one of the better OCs available in general unless we take a shot at a young guy and hope that hits.

I think Gruden is a good OC so wouldn't be a bad idea with a competent QB back there. Kind of eh just because I'd prefer to have all new everything but not like Gruden is a guy I have an issue with.

On 12/8/2020 at 11:00 AM, .Buzz said:

Yeah, I'm not going to act like he's a QB whisperer as I have no idea how they devy up the role of everything there. But it is a positive to see the guy running that offense for a young raw QB from the get go design an offense around said QB and put him in good positions to succeed. He has to have some role in that development. 

None of these HCs I really view as some sure fire QB developer. Bienimy, up until this past year or so when Reid wanted to help him get HC gigs, didn't really worked closely with Mahomes. Joe Brady is super young and we still don't know that he can properly develop a young QB unless we want to assume it was all him with Burrow last year at LSU. He's done well in Carolina as far as there entire offense goes but it's not like Teddy has ascended or anything.

what we need is a guy who can Manage a game and lets the coordinators go do there thing.... its kinda why Joe judge is kinda good.....