Strief to IR

SWATcha

Well, that Ram pick is looking reeeaaally good right now with how many O-line injuries the Saints have sustained. With Armstead coming back after the bye, I actually like Ram over Strief at this point. Hopefully Strief can come back and be the extra lineman on jumbo formations though.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/20906933/zach-strief-placed-injured-reserve-new-orleans-saints

PS: Just for the record, I think they rushed Strief back too soon. They should of let him rest thru the bye in my opinion. 

1 minute ago, domepatrol91 said:

I haven’t made a thread cause I didn’t want this to be true. Figured if I ignore it, it might go away

Well... Add Alex Anzalone to the IR list. Another shoulder injury ends his season. Really dont wanna get back into a "injury prone players" discussion but boy that house of glass comment i made earilier in the season sure seems to be coming to fruitution.

10 minutes ago, whodatworm23 said:

Well... Add Alex Anzalone to the IR list. Another shoulder injury ends his season. Really dont wanna get back into a "injury prone players" discussion but boy that house of glass comment i made earilier in the season sure seems to be coming to fruitution.

Ugh. Figures. They finally look to have found a decent LB, aaaaand he's made of glass.

11 minutes ago, whodatworm23 said:

As I've said before, only if Anzalone hurt his shoulder again then it's worth noting someone's injury history, unfortunately Anzalone did.  Why couldn't he have just broken his arm instead, then we can just call it a freak injury and be hopeful for the future.

5 minutes ago, Raves said:

As I've said before, only if Anzalone hurt his shoulder again then it's worth noting someone's injury history, unfortunately Anzalone did.  Why couldn't he have just broken his arm instead, then we can just call it a freak injury and be hopeful for the future.

What # is this for that particular injury for him? #3 or #4?

Unfortunately, that shoulder is just going to be even more susceptible to further injury moving forward. Hopefully he can be the Thomas Davis of shoulder injuries though.

11 minutes ago, Raves said:

The kid looked like a steal but we ALL knew the injury issuse hovered over his potential... Im sure Florida fans said the same reguarding Anzalone during his time in Gainesville.

Ive always felt that players (reguardless how good they are) that battle constant injuries in college whether freak injuries or reoccuring ones, typically dont shake the injury bug once they get to the more physical NFL. Now there are some exxeptuons to the rule but for the most part injury prone player remain injury prone and at the end of the day an NFL's players best ability is his availability.

18 minutes ago, Raves said:

Another issue is that repetitive shoulder issuses for linebackers are like ACL tears to a runningback. Linebackers use there shoukders so much... This is a very concerning issuse reguarding Anzalones future.

13 hours ago, Jlowe22 said:

Really glad we made the Ramcyzk pick.  I no, I'm not sure if that's how his name is spelled, and I'm too lazy to look it up.

It’s spelled Ramy.*

Jk. Ramczyk.

Z before Y

Alex Anzalone LB Shoulder I-R Anzalone suffered an a right shoulder injury and is on the injured reserve list.
Zach Strief T Knee I-R Strief has been placed on the injured reserve list with a right knee injury and it is uncertain if he will be activated December 7 against the Falcons.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/nor/2017.htm

Strief to boomerang IR, AA is done.

Archived