Week 5 GDT: Garbage vs Return of Garrett

textaz03

2 hours ago, Tony7188 said:

Thank you. Now please explain this to @D82 and the others.

It's about the future.

I will always be a Dak fan but I want him to move on.  We can't sign him to a contract in the $40 million + range per year and still field a competitive club.  We have too many holes across the roster.  I'm over it.  I'll be 57 on my next birthday and I know I will never see another Cowboys championship in my lifetime.  Every off season it's the same story.  This is the year.  It's a deep playoff run for sure.  That mediocre tier 2 or 3 free agent we signed is the answer just you wait.  We've outsmarted everyone because said lower tier free agent was such a great fiscal signing.  Then the season starts and the narrative quickly changes.  Reality is we are on a run of 25 years of absolute futility and there is no end in sight to that streak .   

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Northland said:

I will always be a Dak fan but I want him to move on.  We can't sign him to a contract in the $40 million + range per year and still field a competitive club.  We have too many holes across the roster.  I'm over it.  I'll be 57 on my next birthday and I know I will never see another Cowboys championship in my lifetime.  Every off season it's the same story.  This is the year.  It's a deep playoff run for sure.  That mediocre tier 2 or 3 free agent we signed is the answer just you wait.  We've outsmarted everyone because said lower tier free agent was such a great fiscal signing.  Then the season starts and the narrative quickly changes.  Reality is we are on a run of 25 years of absolute futility and there is no end in sight to that streak .   

Well, maybe a bit of light at the end of the tunnel.

JJ is older than dirt and is damn near the crypt keeper.

19 hours ago, buddy_z34 said:

With no Barkley and their QB is still Jones. The only player from the Giants that will cause issues will be Engram burning whatever LB or safety they have covering him

ehh watch out for Tate.. and realistically going against our secondary we can easily make there #3 or #4 wideouts look like number 1's 

7 hours ago, buddy_z34 said:

The only one that resulted in really bad negative yardage was the one he let bounce. The other 4 times it was a results of losing one or two yards, three at the most. This right here is nitpicking. 

Exactly

Analytics (which people on here hate) will tell you the success/fail of a scoring drive has almost no bearing whether you start on the 20,22, or 25 yard line. But the benefit of a great return (where you start at the 35 or better)will increase the drives potential exponentially

So the take away here is -2,-3 yards almost no determent to scoring. Return of +10 or more (up to an including a TD) over touchback = massive benefit

That's why McCarthy has Pollard running them out

8 hours ago, TheGame316 said:

Exactly

Analytics (which people on here hate) will tell you the success/fail of a scoring drive has almost no bearing whether you start on the 20,22, or 25 yard line. But the benefit of a great return (where you start at the 35 or better)will increase the drives potential exponentially

So the take away here is -2,-3 yards almost no determent to scoring. Return of +10 or more (up to an including a TD) over touchback = massive benefit

That's why McCarthy has Pollard running them out

This is true, but would certainly be nice to see it come to fruition once in a while.

15 hours ago, buddy_z34 said:

The only one that resulted in really bad negative yardage was the one he let bounce. The other 4 times it was a results of losing one or two yards, three at the most. This right here is nitpicking. 

I agree on this, but the bigger picture of field position is very important, and it doesn't just relate to kickoff returns.

On the bright side, our offense has been pretty amazing with long fields. They've already had more 70+ yard TD drives this year than some teams had all of 2019.