Week 5 GDT: Garbage vs Return of Garrett

textaz03

26 minutes ago, Northland said:

Take the win.  Extend Dalton.  Seriously though there were some very emotional responses to Dak's injury including by me.  No one wanted to see Dak get hurt.  Dak is in all likelihood done for the year.  Let's move forward and support Dalton.  Let's not have endless discussions of Dak would or would not have made that throw, or Dalton failed Dak would have made that work.

totally agree ... and good luck with that..  and it would be nice if we would hold all talks about QB held tell off season.. 

1 minute ago, quiller said:

totally agree ... and good luck with that..  and it would be nice if we would hold all talks about QB held tell off season.. 

I agree.  Shots will get fired both ways.  I think we will run a little more.  Dalton is more than capable- if he gets time.  That's a big if with this line.

Well, this sucks.

I think we are going to struggle to win 5 games, regardless of what we do now. We need to get Gallimore, Robinson, Biadasz, Anae, McGovern, Bernard, McGovern, D Wilson, and Gregory just a ton of snaps.

Let them develop and see who you can rely on for next season. Add impact players with your top-5 pick and top-35 picks. Be as ready for next year as you can be.

• Like 3

Feel bad for Dak. The one guy on Dallas who gives it his all 100 percent of the time unlike many other players on this team. Football your career is always one play away from being over. Now he might never get that contract that he rejected from Dallas as who knows if he is ever the same player again. 

11 hours ago, elevators_rule said:

Dak out, Dalton in IMO. I'm really glad we didn't sign him to a long-term contract.

He rejected the offer from Dallas which was about the same money as Goff. Kid bit on himself and he was playing really despite the team record but injury is always a big risk in the nfl.

Edited by cromagnum

4 hours ago, D82 said:

And if the Cowboys got a Do-Over with Tank and Zeke what do you suppose they would do?

The FO learned their lesson not to simply cave and throw money at a player because they have leverage. If they want to forgo salary and sit out and/or bet on themselves, let them

Honest Question, in hindsight...

Are the Cowboys better off for NOT caving to Dak in the offseason? 4 years 140, or 5 years 185 or whatever Dak's demands were?