5 up and 5 down

candyman93

Up

1. Stefanski and Callahan - They’ve completely changed this offense.

2. Our running backs - 300 yards rushing is insane.

3. OBJ - Fantastic game saver on that run. He torched Dallas.

4. Myles Garrett - Was whooping Dallas before the 4th quarter.

5. Less penalties - Only 5 today which is encouraging.

Down

1. The secondary - Holy crap they got torched.

2. Execution in the 4th quarter - We almost blew a 27 point lead.

3. Failing to get interceptions - We had Dak toss up some ducks and they dropped a ton.

4. Andrew Sendejo - He will reserve this spot all season.

5. Injuries - Really hope Nick is okay.

• Like 3

Up

1. Offensive coaches. Game plan seems to improve each week and they’ve established an identity.

2. Baker.  Sure, he left some throws out there, but he’s playing winning football.

3. OBJ.  He showed why he’s paid 20 million a year today, we need more games like this.

4. Myles.  2 sacks with one of them being his 3rd strip sack of the season. Dude announces his presence with authority.

5. The backs.  I mean, damn.  Extra props to Hunt for playing through the injury.

*** Win Bonus ***

6. Denzel.  We got torched most of the game, but our “star” CB made the big play to seal the game.  

Down

1. Joe Woods. Wtf was that 4th quarter scheme exactly?  It’s like he was daring them to complete 10 yard passes to wide open receivers and expected that to be difficult?  Idk?  I’ll also use this opportunity to express my utter hatred of the prevent defense. You can’t expect DL to get home if you are letting the opposition essentially play catch uncontested.  Bad, bad scheme.

2. Olivier Vernon.  At least he played I guess, but he looks washed.  

3. Sendejo..... again. Another dropped pick, another blown coverage, another whiff on a tackle when trying to nuke someone as opposed to just making the tackle.

4. Chubb’s injury.  Let’s hope it’s only a week or two kinda thing.

that’s it, I have no more nits to pick.

• Like 1

1. Kevin; this was a coaching win, we did some trick plays that worked, works the clock and plays to win the game. 

2. OBJ made some big plays, no drops and Landry plaed clutch too. 

3. the runningbacks, 200 or so yards from them and it was split between 4 guys. credit to stump. I dont like Hillaird but he took a shot to the face  and held onto the ball. 
4. Baker did mess up and threw a few nice balls. didnt lose the ball at all and made a couple of ok runs. 

5. the defense even though they played poorly did just enough, they kept it under 50. 

down

1. We dont have enough pass rushers without AC

2. the defense leaks like a sieve 

3. the special teams failed successfully DPJ nearly lost us the game by leaving that ball. and Cody parkey gave the bears the ultimae insult of a blocked kick for 2. 
4. Baker doesnt trust the pocket or the process. 

14 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Up

1. Offensive coaches. Game plan seems to improve each week and they’ve established an identity.

2. Baker.  Sure, he left some throws out there, but he’s playing winning football.

3. OBJ.  He showed why he’s paid 20 million a year today, we need more games like this.

4. Myles.  2 sacks with one of them being his 3rd strip sack of the season. Dude announces his presence with authority.

5. The backs.  I mean, damn.  Extra props to Hunt for playing through the injury.

*** Win Bonus ***

6. Denzel.  We got torched most of the game, but our “star” CB made the big play to seal the game.  

Down

1. Joe Woods. Wtf was that 4th quarter scheme exactly?  It’s like he was daring them to complete 10 yard passes to wide open receivers and expected that to be difficult?  Idk?  I’ll also use this opportunity to express my utter hatred of the prevent defense. You can’t expect DL to get home if you are letting the opposition essentially play catch uncontested.  Bad, bad scheme.

2. Olivier Vernon.  At least he played I guess, but he looks washed.  

3. Sendejo..... again. Another dropped pick, another blown coverage, another whiff on a tackle when trying to nuke someone as opposed to just making the tackle.

4. Chubb’s injury.  Let’s hope it’s only a week or two kinda thing.

that’s it, I have no more nits to pick.

Vernon was lined up against Tyron Smith all game. Let's not forget that. Dudes an all-pro for a reason.

Ups:

• 1. Coaching - we actually seem like a well coached team. Its hard to believe. Few penalties, few mental errors, smart football. 
  • 2. Offensive Line - extremely good job run and pass blocking
  • 3. Running game - will carry us all season
  • 4. OBJ showed why hes a future hall of famer
  • 5. Turnovers - Yeah our defense isnt good but getting 3 turnovers really helps

Downs: 

• 1. Sendejo is terrible
  • 2. Our defense as a whole isnt talented. 
  • 3. Prevent defense prevents you from winning
  • 4. Injuries
  • 5. I hate the Cowboys

There are pressures and then there are effective pressures. If a QB goes 4-6 with 56 yards it probably wasn't effective pressure. If you run around the tackle and the QB steps into the pocket they probably call that a pressure yet the QB can still make a throw without feeling pressure.

I don't recall Vernon getting real pressure but he may have. I bet you Dak would tell you that Myles pressured him more.