A coach's rant - This team is worse than we think.

Dallas94Ware

7 minutes ago, TheGame316 said:

Hey Matts, you know how you love to blame the WR's for drops and sudo give credit to Dak as if they should have caught them?

You gonna count the 4 Browns dropped INT's against Dak on Sunday?

I dont think Dak had a good game. His stats say he did. He almost pulled it out at the end. But the entire team sucked. 

4 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

I dont think Dak had a good game. His stats say he did. He almost pulled it out at the end. But the entire team sucked. 

WHOA - I might have to screenshot this

Was it the 2nd and 3rd quarters lack of any scoring at all that stood out and put the team in a hole that was too deep, despite the valiant effort to get out of?

17 minutes ago, TheGame316 said:

Hey Matts, you know how you love to blame the WR's for drops and sudo give credit to Dak as if they should have caught them?

You gonna count the 4 Browns dropped INT's against Dak on Sunday?

This is so lame.. Our DBs aren't even close enough to get an into.. and when they do they drop them for what,  the last 10 years?? wouldn't it be nice if Dak had the benefit of our defense getting a Turnover??

Edited by resilient part 2

7 minutes ago, TheGame316 said:

WHOA - I might have to screenshot this

Was it the 2nd and 3rd quarters lack of any scoring at all that stood out and put the team in a hole that was too deep, despite the valiant effort to get out of?

I mean, I guess? I dont think our offense "put the team in a hole". I think our defense making us put a 50 burger is much more damning. But not scoring for 2 quarters absolutely hurt us. 

2 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

I mean, I guess? I dont think our offense "put the team in a hole". I think our defense making us put a 50 burger is much more damning. But not scoring for 2 quarters absolutely hurt us. 

really, you also??.. I mean the defense was letting them run for 10yds a carry literally, killing all kind of clock as well.. hard to play QB from the sideline..  

2 minutes ago, resilient part 2 said:

really, you also??.. I mean the defense was letting them run for 10yds a carry literally, killing all kind of clock as well.. hard to play QB from the sideline..  

Cleveland had 6 unanswered scores That means Dallas had the ball at least 6 times and put up a bagel

So, got to play QB 6 times, from the field

If they scraped up a single TD and a FG, whole different game in the 4th

3 minutes ago, resilient part 2 said:

Maybe I am not expressing myself clearly. Dak was not the reason we lost that game. Defense and OL was. But Dak stats make it seem like he was a God on Sunday. He wasnt. He played well enough to win - 100%. But his stats are so gaudy because he had to throw in a million times. 

Just now, TheGame316 said:

Cleveland had 6 unanswered scores That means Dallas had the ball at least 6 times and put up a bagel

So, got to play QB 6 times, from the field

If they scraped up a single TD and a FG, whole different game in the 4th

See this is where you annoy the hell out of me. Do you watch any football outside of the Cowboys? Mahommes just went like 15 drives and managed 6 points. That is probably the best player in the NFL. 

Scoring points is hard. Playing QB is hard. Dak might be a top 5 QB so far in this (short) season. We have the #1 offense in the NFL (i think) with an OL that has nobodies. 

1 minute ago, Matts4313 said:

See this is where you annoy the hell out of me. Do you watch any football outside of the Cowboys? Mahommes just went like 15 drives and managed 6 points. That is probably the best player in the NFL. 

Scoring points is hard. Playing QB is hard. Dak might be a top 5 QB so far in this (short) season. We have the #1 offense in the NFL (i think) with an OL that has nobodies. 

So, what changed from "Can't move the ball at all while Cleveland walks all over us" in the 2nd and 3rd to the 4th quarter where we are "Unstoppable and score a TD and a 2PT on every possession?

4 minutes ago, TheGame316 said:

So, what changed from "Can't move the ball at all while Cleveland walks all over us" in the 2nd and 3rd to the 4th quarter where we are "Unstoppable and score a TD and a 2PT on every possession?

In my opinion our offense does much better when we go no huddle/hurry up. We did it in the 1st qrt. We did it in the 4th. We just let our athletes feast. 

But res is right. When our defense cant stop anything or get off the field, it does screw with our O. 

1 hour ago, Matts4313 said:

Did you actually add up the numbers?

$16m DTs

$18m DE

$20m LB

$20m DB

..... Not $39.....

I figured out the discrepancy... the $39M is base salary and not total cap hit.  For example, Lawrence has a base salary of $1.9M but a $10M cap hit.  But even then, think about this... Dak’s cap hit alone is about equal to the top 4 defensive players combined.  Then, factor in the next 2 biggest cap Hits are Zeke and Coop for a combined $23M.  There is a huge disparity between the offense and the defense.  

https://overthecap.com/calculator/dallas-cowboys/

‘The real travesty hear is Crawford counts over $9M against the cap.  Cutting him would save $8m... how in the hell is he still on the roster?

2 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

Maybe I am not expressing myself clearly. Dak was not the reason we lost that game. Defense and OL was. But Dak stats make it seem like he was a God on Sunday. He wasnt. He played well enough to win - 100%. But his stats are so gaudy because he had to throw in a million times. 

Too many details in what should be a simple basic analogy. Instead of so many people breaking down every single possession and every single play,  Why can we not ask this simple question, is Dak performing at the moment like a top 10 quarterback? I think even the haters would have to say yes. While the more optimistic/reallest people would say Dak is actually playing like a top 5 quarterback. In either case the amount of complaints equivalent to the quality of play is a major red flag in my opinion and that's the basis of all of this  Continual Dak debate.

12 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

The not scoring was also a big testament to our poor gameplan and the Browns off/def. 

They attacked our weakpoints on the OL hard, and we never compensated. Then their offense grinds clock with heavy runs. 

This offense has problems. For sure. Blocking, route running, play design, play calling, poor adjustments and gameplanning. But among those problems Dak has not been. He has been the main reason the team has even had a prayer in any of the games.

10 hours ago, resilient part 2 said:

Too many details in what should be a simple basic analogy. Instead of so many people breaking down every single possession and every single play,  Why can we not ask this simple question, is Dak performing at the moment like a top 10 quarterback? I think even the haters would have to say yes. While the more optimistic/reallest people would say Dak is actually playing like a top 5 quarterback. In either case the amount of complaints equivalent to the quality of play is a major red flag in my opinion and that's the basis of all of this  Continual Dak debate.

The quality of play is a trickle of some.bad coaching. McCarthy isnt even coaching, the analytics team is. Moore's new era play designs are not accounting for this teams strengths and weaknesses. And Nolan's defense is playing like a college unit full of gimmicks that have rarely, if ever, worked in the NFL.