Cam Newton - Female Reporter Gaffe

cddolphin

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/10/04/cam-newton-gives-sexist-answer-to-female-reporters-legitimate-question/

“Cam, I know you take a lot of pride in seeing your receivers play well,” Rodrigue said. “Devin Funchess has seemed to really embrace the physicality of his routes and getting those extra yards. Does that give you a little bit of enjoyment to see him kind of trusting people out there?”

Newton was smirking while Rodrigue asked the question, and he made a totally inappropriate comment before answering.

“It’s funny to hear a female talk about routes. It’s funny,” Newton said, before then giving some thoughts about Funchess growing as a receiver.

“I don’t think it’s ‘funny’ to be a female and talk about routes. I think it’s my job,” Rodrigue wrote. “I spoke with him after and it was worse. I chose not to share, because I have an actual job to do today and one he will not keep me from.”

During the month of October no less!

Will this result in an apology? Contrite or otherwise?

It was a very dumb thing to say, he’ll have to apologize for sure. What a moron. 

That said, this isn’t NFL News.

If a Global or NFL News mod would move this to another forum that would be great. My phone is being uncooperative.

Wait. Was it a joke about women always getting lost driving? Because that's funny in a Michael Scott kind of inappropriate way.

If he's just being dismissive of a female sports writer that's just really disrespectful and uncalled for.

Either way he should probably apologize 

Cam obviously doesn't respect women. I remember one womam released DM's Cam kept sending her. The way he talks to females is ghetto and also lacks respect. 

To think this immature guy was a ton of kids idol two years ago. Him losing the Super Bowl and also having that press conferencr is the best thing that could of ever happened to those kids so they could find a new idol. 

ouuuuuhw wait this isn't a sign bad as i first thought it was

see here in australia we pronounce route "root"

so like i thought he was making a really bad sex pun

"it's funny to hear a female talking about (roots)" haha i am cam newton playboy extraordinaire 

Archived