Cam Newton - Female Reporter Gaffe

cddolphin

1 minute ago, Right Smarts said:

I wish the biggest issue I faced at work was the occasional condescending smirk. I trying to show the world how awful misogyny is, these people unwittingly prove the exact opposite.

How are you not banned yet?  With a blatantly political avatar on a site that bans political discussion.

6 minutes ago, tonyto36 said:

Let's say Cam Newton believes what he's saying - women don't know sports.  Let's even say theoretically he was correct.  This is just another example of a guy who is an idiot and entitled and doesn't know how to keep his mouth shut.

It's even more laughable coming from Cam because he isn't exactly known as a cerebral player.  He's a world class athlete with the brain and maturity of a 12 year old.   How much does Cam even really know about running and reading defenses?  He's never showed me he can do much there.

Just laughably stupid.   I'm sure there are plenty of men in the NFL who feel the same, but it takes a special brand of idiot to actually say it like that.

Well...to be fair, there are a lot of QBs that come off as smart people in general, but have trouble reading defenses. Didn't Fitzpatrick go to Harvard? I remember Craig Krenzel graduated with a degree in molecular genetics. Didn't help him on the field. Meanwhile Dan Marino scored like a 15 on the Wonderilic. 

1 hour ago, tonyto36 said:

Let's say Cam Newton believes what he's saying - women don't know sports.  Let's even say theoretically he was correct.  This is just another example of a guy who is an idiot and entitled and doesn't know how to keep his mouth shut.

It's even more laughable coming from Cam because he isn't exactly known as a cerebral player.  He's a world class athlete with the brain and maturity of a 12 year old.   How much does Cam even really know about running and reading defenses?  He's never showed me he can do much there.

Just laughably stupid.   I'm sure there are plenty of men in the NFL who feel the same, but it takes a special brand of idiot to actually say it like that.

All of Cam's talent is below his neck.  That is very presumptuous and condescending for him to suggest women don't know fooball.   

I don't think this is really a big deal.  All it does is let you in on the fact that Cam Newton is an immature 28 year old and possibly perceives women in a certain light (The nitty gritty of football is a man's game, etc).  I don't think less of him as a person or player.  Hopefully someone seriously pulls him aside and tries to shed some light on why is mind state is inappropriate and this can become a learning experience for Newton.

Archived