Sign in to follow this  
NYRaider

The Good, Bad, Ugly vs Buffalo

Good

• I thought Carr played a good game minus the fumbles, especially considering our limited WR depth. I also liked how he used his legs today.

• Nelson Agholor looked good. 

• Run defense actually played pretty well today.

Bad

• Gruden's conservative play calling in a close game for the second straight week.

• Losing two fumbles in their territory during the 4th quarter.

• Run blocking was poor again.

Ugly

• LaMarcus Joyner and Erik Harris as starting DBs.

• Lack of pressure from our DL.

• Injuries are piling up.

• Paul Guenther's defensive game plans. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, #1RAIDER FAN said:

Despite being just outclassed overall, the team just fails to make plays when they are there for the taking. Missed connections on the Waller deep out and Zay open deep. Penalty on the long TD. Run up the middle on 4th and 1 stuffed. Meanwhile, Bills run a sweet on 4th and 1 and get over 10 yards. 

On defense, there are no playmakers. Just playing on backfoot all game. 

Not to mention Agholor's long TD being called back because of an illegal formation. 

Just now, NYRaider said:

Not to mention Agholor's long TD being called back because of an illegal formation. 

Thats what I meant by the penalty on the long TD, but yeah.

Also the offset of roughing the passer by Jacobs hitting the defender. That was just unbelievable

The ugly TRUTH (which is all that MATTERS): we're not a playoff team, plain and simple. Even if we somehow sneak in via wildcard, we'd just get easily bumped out the first round because we just don't have enough of a killer instinct at any one position to make up for the lack of talent throughout the rest of the team.

Also, for everyone that quasi bashed me (and other posters that shared the same sentiment) for pounding the table to draft murray/a lb during the draft, and put kit and littleton ona pedestal: go eat some crow.

18 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

I think we wait until the bye, I can't see them make the change the week we take a trip to KC.

I’d say give him next week and if we’re terrible (most likely) let him go 

3 minutes ago, doctordeath said:

The ugly TRUTH (which is all that MATTERS): we're not a playoff team, plain and simple. Even if we somehow sneak in via wildcard, we'd just get easily bumped out the first round because we just don't have enough of a killer instinct at any one position to make up for the lack of talent throughout the rest of the team.

Also, for everyone that quasi bashed me (and other posters that shared the same sentiment) for pounding the table to draft murray/a lb during the draft, and put kit and littleton ona pedestal: go eat some crow.

The sky isn't falling just yet. The Bills and the Patriots are both playoff teams and both games were competitive until we made crucial mistakes down the stretch. We haven't gotten blown out and easily could've won the last two games we just didn't execute well enough.

We were in position to cut it to a 1 score game last week with 11 min to go on the 7 yard line and went with a FG. 

We were in a position to take the lead today in the the third quarter but kicked a FG on the 7 yard line. We were then in a position to tie the game in the 4th quarter with 12 min to go before Waller's fumble. 

And Littleton/Kwit were far from our biggest problems today. Kwit comes back into the lineup and we give up 62 rushing yards on 2.6 ypc after giving up 160 ypg on the season on over 5 ypc without him so far this season. The biggest issues with our defense are that we have no pass rush and our coverage schemes are terrible.

• Like 1

Ugly all around tbh. Really feels like they beat themselves more than anything today. 

3 minutes ago, TLO said:

Ugly all around tbh. Really feels like they beat themselves more than anything today. 

For the second straight week we've beaten ourselves. Last week it was Jacob's fumble in the red zone, failing to score a TD when we started on NE's 14 yard line, missing a FG to tie it after the half, and then going for 3 in the 4th inside the 10 instead of trying to cut it to a 1 score game.

This week it was failing to take the lead after the half when we settled for 3 inside the 10 yard line and Waller's fumble when we were in a position to tie it in the 4th. 

• Like 1

Good: 

- DC - ballin

- Denzel Good- guy is a solid starting guard we have on the bench 

- Kolton Miller- this guy needs to get some Probowl love 

- Nelly- dude is actually a solid WR2. Steal in free agency 

- Max - another sack 

- Abram- looked horrible last week, was better this game. Not great 

- Mullen- was shut down again 

- Carlson- nice bounce back game 

—————-

Bad- 

- DL- still sucks.... they just can generate pressure, and that’s the only way this scheme will work 

- Gabe Jackson- got bullrushed and made DC fumble. Could have made a comeback without that play 

- Waller fumble- had an okay game, but that fumble was horrible and in a critical point of the game. 

Ugly- 

- defensive playcalling 

Atleast my lakers are good 😁

good: 

Renfrow

Carr when he lets it loose.

bad:

throw the ball to jacobs

dline pressure

erik harris and joyner

At some point, they need to start going for it on fourth and short in the red zone. This defense isn’t good enough to settle for field goals. 

3 minutes ago, TLO said:

At some point, they need to start going for it on fourth and short in the red zone. This defense isn’t good enough to settle for field goals. 

In a perfect world you take the point and trust your defense. Our defense is trash, so you can’t do that 

14 minutes ago, Blazer026 said:

I don’t understand how our DL gets zero pressure 

Yeah that's the most disappointing part about this season for me as well. We had 32 sacks last season with an extremely young defensive line and we're on pace for 16 sacks this season with all of our young DL back and high price free agent additions. It makes no sense. 

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Yeah that's the most disappointing part about this season for me as well. We had 32 sacks last season with an extremely young defensive line and we're on pace for 16 sacks this season with all of our young DL back and high price free agent additions. It makes no sense. 

Nassib was a bust free agent. Been playing like a Jag. 

Key didn’t take a step, he’s just a jag at this point.

Ferrell has been just a run stuffing DE. 

Mad Max- sure he got another sack, but he isn’t Jared Allen 2.0 like some had hoped. Hasn’t made the big jump like many wanted him to make

Collins- been another free agent flop

Hankins- is just a run stuffer 

Hall- didn’t make it out of camp 

Hurst- no progression from hurst. A backup who we hoped was a draft steal...

Edited by Humble_Beast
  • Like 1