Sign in to follow this  
NYRaider

The Good, Bad, Ugly vs Buffalo

25 minutes ago, Blazer026 said:

I don’t understand how our DL gets zero pressure 

It's quite simple.  We have a terrible Dline with no pass rushing studs.  No pressure from the inside or outside and QB's have all day to sit back there and pick apart our secondary.

It's pathetic. 

3 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

Nassib was a bust free agent. Been playing like a Jag. 

Key didn’t take a step, he’s just a jag at this point.

Ferrell has been just a run stuffing DE. 

Mad Max- sure he got another sack, but he isn’t Jared Allen 2.0 like some had hoped. Hasn’t made the big jump like many wanted him to make

Collins- been another free agent flop

Hankins- is just a run stuffer 

Hall- didn’t make it out of camp 

Hurst- no progression from hurst. A backup who we hoped was a draft steal...

Pretty much.  We really need a Bosa, Chase Young, Danielle Hunter type to have this D turn a corner.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

Pretty much.  We really need a Bosa, Chase Young, Danielle Hunter type to have this D turn a corner.  

Which is why it hurts even more when you see Josh Allen have 10 sacks last season and be on pace for around 8-10 sacks this year. 

• Like 2

our d line has some talent, scheme isn't helping. all these guys could leave and be successful elsewhere, almost a guarantee.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, roi34 said:

our d line has some talent, scheme isn't helping. all these guys could leave and be successful elsewhere, almost a guarantee.

Yeah. Crosby is coming off of a 10 sack year, Collins is coming off of a year where he was one of the best pass rushing DT's in the league, Nassib has had 6+ sacks the last two seasons, and Ferrell is a former top 5 pick. 

But again we've seen Joyner, Littleton, Collins, Nassib, Irvin, and Melvin all have career years and then completely fall off after playing in Guenther's scheme. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

Yeah. Crosby is coming off of a 10 sack year, Collins is coming off of a year where he was one of the best pass rushing DT's in the league, Nassib has had 6+ sacks the last two seasons, and Ferrell is a former top 5 pick. 

But again we've seen Joyner, Littleton, Collins, Nassib, Irvin, and Melvin all have career years and then completely fall off after playing in Guenther's scheme. 

I can't defend paul anymore. 

something has to change and soon. 

11 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

I think an inside player is the key. Is it a free agent? Is it via the draft? We need one from somewhere.

Just now, MrOaktown_56 said:

Kwit looked excellent. NE could have been different if he was playing.

Yeah we came into the game giving up 160 yards per game on the ground on 5 yards per carry. And we only gave up 62 yards today on 2.6 yards per carry. If you remove that one 4th down end around we only gave up 48 yards on 2 yards per carry.

• Like 1

Just now, NYRaider said:

Yeah we came into the game giving up 160 yards per game on the ground on 5 yards per carry. And we only gave up 62 yards today on 2.6 yards per carry. If you remove that one 4th down end around we only gave up 48 yards on 2 yards per carry.

crazy how one guy changes a lot. Arnette out hurt today too, I think  

where in ny u from?

6 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

I think an inside player is the key. Is it a free agent? Is it via the draft? We need one from somewhere.

We need a pass rusher, either edge or inside, that can consistently generate pressure and warrants double teams. Unfortunately the free agent class looks pretty weak in terms of interior pass rushers.

6 minutes ago, roi34 said:

crazy how one guy changes a lot. Arnette out hurt today too, I think  

where in ny u from?

I don't think Arnette would've made much of a difference. Buffalo did an excellent job of creating mismatches and getting Diggs one on one matchups against guys like Joyner, Harris, and Nixon. 

Originally from Rochester but I live in Los Angeles now.

That Ferrell pick pissed me off when I think about it. Just how it all went down. The omen was that one guy on camera and his reaction 

Just now, NYRaider said:

I don't think Arnette would've made much of a difference. Buffalo did an excellent job of creating mismatches and getting Diggs one on one matchups against guys like Joyner, Harris, and Nixon. 

I trust arnette vs diggs more than all those haha. 

put someone else in slot and let joyner go

Just now, NYRaider said:

We can keep drafting DBs all we want. It doesn’t matter if our DL is always getting their lunch money took away. Football 101 

• Like 3